Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Oh my gosh what a story!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
14-Year-Old Boy Saves Woman From Rapist While Babysitting Younger Siblings

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:55 AMTalk about a brave teen! When 14-year-old James Persyn was left to babysit his younger brother and sister for awhile when his father stepped out to run an errand, he had no idea he'd end up in the middle of what sounds like a horror movie come to life. The hero teen ended up hiding a young woman from a deranged attacker who'd just kidnapped and raped her.James was home alone with his 11-year-old sister and 2-year-old brother after his father ran an errand around 10 p.m. He suddenly heard a banging on the door of his Michigan home. Outside, a woman was screaming and begging to be let inside. Says James:Her voice was, like, she was going to die if I didn't open that door. A lot of people, maybe most people, would've been like, 'Get the hell off my porch.'But not James. He let the woman inside, who asked if his parents were home. When he said no, the woman ran to the kitchen and hid, explaining that a man had kidnapped her off a nearby campus, drove her to his mother's house, raped her, and then put her back into the car and threatened to kill her.She'd managed to jump out of his car, breaking her arm in the process, and had run straight to the nearest home -- which happened to be where James and his siblings were alone.And bad news: The guy was still chasing her.James looked out the window and sure enough, a car rolled into the driveway and a deranged madman began making his way towards the house. James quickly locked the front and side doors. He then got his little sister and baby brother, and the terrified victim, and ushered them all into a bathroom to hide.But before he did this, he grabbed a hunting knife from his bedroom -- and his dog. Downstairs, the psycho was banging on the door and screaming, "Let me in or I'll kill you." James then called his dad on his cell phone and told him a man was trying to break in and to get home fast.The alleged attacker, Eric Ramsey, then reportedly gave up on trying to break in, andpoured gasoline around the home and lit it on fire. But James' father, also named James, drove up just then and was able to put out the fire.Then a police officer drove up to the home. The officer first drew his gun on James' father, but he screamed, "I'm the dad, I'm the dad!" Thank god the cop believed him.Ramsey was eventually shot dead by cops. But not before updating his Facebook status to read: "Well folkes im about to get shot. Peace."Peace?!!! The man should live what he writes. What a crazy, terrifying night!What do you think of this teen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mama_tonkin
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

wow that was an amazing story....

karladiego
by Karla on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Incredibly scary and this kid was amazingly brave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Omg! That kid was smart and courageous!
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Wow she's amazingly brave
GodsPrincess37
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

OMG!  But I do have one thing to say and maybe some people may not agree but "en que mente cabe" que dejen a un nene de 14 años babysitting when he's a baby himself?  Thank God, and noone but God, that this turned out the way it did. I criticize the father for leaving him alone...and then late at night with 2 other kids, smh, but then again, God gave him the wisdom to do all he did and their lives were saved.

GOYA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:58 AM

WOW!!! That's an amazing young man. He has a strong heart and no doubt will grow up to be a great man, husband and father one day. That is so wonderful how he was able to help her and protect her as well as his siblings and know what to do. He handle that situation perfectly. God bless them all.

bbyB10
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM
That has happened to me in south central LA , I was like 16 , and a black guy was being chased and some gangsters were shooting at him and he lost them , he ran into our apt. Scared as hell, I was scared I screamed and ran out my aunt lived next door and we called the cops
twobells
by Orfelinda on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

What a brave kid that deserves many thanks. His dad should be proud he is raising a great kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)