Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Money and family

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I am married to a wonderful man, but he is getting upset with me bc I am paying my parents internet and cable bill.  He feels that, that money could be going to one of our kids or could be getting used or saved for something else.  The only reason why I pay my parents internet/cable bill is bc I have a 9 year old sister, 18 yr old sister (she works), and my 19 year old (bum) brother still living with my parents.  My father has always complained how he doesnt have enough money for little expenses here and there for my siblings.  So I feel that they shouldnt have to suffer of boredom and neglect that my father does provide them with.  So my question is should I still pay their bill or should I stop and have them figure it out.  I have been helping them out with money since 2004 which is when I left the house.  My husband feels that I am not helping them out by paying for their bill.  My thinking is that I need to help them out bc family regardless of what happens will always be there for you.  What do you think? Oh and we have a 7 year old, a 19 month old, and one due in February.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (11-13):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this

If it is something you feel you need to do or want to do then do it... My Grandma and Grandpa in Cali are struggling... My dad doesn't send them any money and they just retired so it's hard for them to adjust.. We send them money every mnth. not much, but at least we do that.. I feel I owe that to them.. They are my close family and I don't want to see them suffer. SO I 100% understand what you are saying.

gammie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Paying for one bill If you can afford it there is nothing wrong. You are being a good daughter and I'm shocked your husband is being jerk.

Helping family is the best thing we can do, but only if we can. We don't take food from your kids mouth to give to others.

My parents have passed, but I always send them money or bought them stuff they needed and my hubby never said a word.

I don't like that your lazy ass bro is there if he is taking over the TV and Internet than I would stop paying and I would tell them why and I would help them out another way.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Yep

Quoting ana326:

You've got good advice. I agree with the ladies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)