Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, How can I change my son's last name without his father consent?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

My son have asked me many times to change his last name, for his father last name. My son and his father doesen't see at all by court  oders. Can some one helpme by tellig me where to go or what to do. please 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yikes.. I honestly don't know. I would get ahold of that gov building and ask them. I"m sure you could find it on there website as well..

karladiego
by Karla on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
When he was born, was his father's last name on the birth certificate? if it is I will recommend to go to the city hall in your town, and ask for all the requirements, including the change of name on his social security card and birth certificate too. I do know is kind of a lengthy process but I am not sure how the prices for that are going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slickswifey10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
If his father's name is on the birth certificate, the only way you would be able to change it without his consent is if he is an absent father. If he is absent, you would have to file for a name change and then have an order publication done, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Slickswifey10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
* order of publication*
yoyix6288
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Thank you for your help, and no he isn't in the birth sertificate. any other sujestion?? escused my inglish thank you very much.

yoyix6288
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:21 AM

No he wasn't on the birth certificetebut i recive a child suport from him. thank you very much  

yoyix6288
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:23 AM

thank you i am prety sure anyhing is going to help me alot.

ochoa.mama
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:33 AM
You can get the forms in family courts, they're easy to fill.out & takes few months to prosses
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)