Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

my nieces behaviour is horrifying!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ugh its so sickening and she's only 4! My MIL picked up my DD from school today and had my niece as well not big deal that's the norm usually she likes having both.

We were there for like half hour and she told my MIL, myself, and my DH to be quiet and no one was talking O.o and even if we were its not a Childs place to tell an adult to be quiet! she put her little finger directly in all our faces one by one, while telling us to be quiet my DH said something to correct her and she made this flem hacking sound at him, right in his face. My MIL is there for the whole thing and just makes excuses for it the whole time, like ooh she's just playing... I can't imagine what she's like at Home with her parents and I can't believe they put up with it. My SIL is a first grade teacher supposedly a really good one! Yikes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Yikes.
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Oh hell to the no. I would of sat that kid in a corner in time out for a while. I wonder why she's doing that at such a young age and who she learned that from. She's only 4 right?
Supervane
by Vane on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Yes 4 only 10 months apart from mine.

Girl Every time I say don't do that or, stop that's not right, or would you like it if someone else hit you. My MIL and SIL have a million excuses for her behavior. The most common one is oh she's tired. No one ever corrects her or disciplines her. I wonder how much longer they'll have all these excuses for her... :-\

Quoting ana326:

Oh hell to the no. I would of sat that kid in a corner in time out for a while. I wonder why she's doing that at such a young age and who she learned that from. She's only 4 right?

cecisMama
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM
That does suck :/
Not only is it bad behavior, but if not corrected in time, ppl & kids will isolate themselves from her.
Who wants to b around that!
She will not have such a happy childhood.
Grandma just wants to baby her so ur niece likes her.
& ur SIL, well sometimes parents don't see their kids for what they truly are.
But def- the on that will pay the price will b ur niece.
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

YIKES INDEED!!!! My SIL's son is also four and is so mean!!!!! I went to hug him and he said, " GET OFF OF ME JEANNETTE!!!!!" He also yells at my MIL and she doesn't put up with it. But my SIL is like,"ok come here and tell me your side of the story son." I so badly want to say, "He was being a JERK and was  called out on it!!!!" Oh god his attitude is horrible and he has his parents to blame.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Perhaps it's learned behavior. Maybe that is the way she is told to calm down. She is obviously learn it somewhere. Her parents need to put a stop to it before it gets out of hand. You shouldn't take that either. Your house, your rules. She needs to learn that she can't act or have it her way all the time.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I agree

Quoting RainyRain:

Perhaps it's learned behavior. Maybe that is the way she is told to calm down. She is obviously learn it somewhere. Her parents need to put a stop to it before it gets out of hand. You shouldn't take that either. Your house, your rules. She needs to learn that she can't act or have it her way all the time.

karladiego
by Karla on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I agree with all the other Yikes!! She will be a major pain in the a$$ when she turns into a teenager. I am the mean aunt, don't take that kind of behaviour in my house and I certainly don't care to call them out on it in front of their parents and you know what my nieces and nephews still like to come to my house because we do cool stuff...but they know the rules.

She is 4 and old enough to be told that is NO WAY to talk to an adult and get punished somehow for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN