Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Bilingual babies?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 32 Replies

So I am american and my SO is Mexican. We want to bring her up as mexcian as possible but I just want to know if anyone has any advice for what i might be getting into!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Star127
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
well im mexican american and dh is from honduras. So my kids are a combination of confused, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyB10
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids and baby are not confused they are all fluent in English and Spanish and I started teaching my 15 month old Hebrew last week =)
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM
5 moms liked this

Good luck raising a half white have hispanic child. I'm puerto rican dominican irish and scottish and not welcomed into either community I'mm actually thinking of leaving this groupd because of it.

Raise your child how you want but I say embrace you're child is mixed, teach your child BOTH CULTURES. It will better them asa person and you'll raise not only a bilingual person, but an open minded person

alleycat_2
by Alejandra-Chapina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
What she said.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Good luck raising a half white have hispanic child. I'm puerto rican dominican irish and scottish and not welcomed into either community I'mm actually thinking of leaving this groupd because of it.

Raise your child how you want but I say embrace you're child is mixed, teach your child BOTH CULTURES. It will better them asa person and you'll raise not only a bilingual person, but an open minded person

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alleycat_2
by Alejandra-Chapina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
And I honestly know how you feel.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

THank you I am so unwelcomed in both hispanic and white culture because of close minded people.

The fact i'm bori y dominicana ....forget it i get "how the hell are you rican and dominicanAND white?!" it's called america lol

Quoting alleycat_2:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

alleycat_2
by Alejandra-Chapina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea exactly. Im mexican guatemalan colombian irish and german. the hispanic people i know consider me white and the americans consider me hispanic. my in laws must point out to everyone where im from and how i was raised. luckily i have my dh to defend me.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

THank you I am so unwelcomed in both hispanic and white culture because of close minded people.

The fact i'm bori y dominicana ....forget it i get "how the hell are you rican and dominicanAND white?!" it's called america lol

Quoting alleycat_2:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM

i don't want to hijack this post so i actually wrote my own post titled mixed latinos so you can have this discussion with me there xo

Quoting alleycat_2:

Yea exactly. Im mexican guatemalan colombian irish and german. the hispanic people i know consider me white and the americans consider me hispanic. my in laws must point out to everyone where im from and how i was raised. luckily i have my dh to defend me.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting alleycat_2:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

karladiego
by Karla on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Keep both cultures present in your baby's life, music, food and language.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this
My daughter is 3 and I speak both languages to her. Both cultures are present. She's half black half mexican. :-)

Good luck.

I speak Spanish one whole day. Then English the next day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)