Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Any non-Christian/Catholics here?

Posted by   + Show Post
If yes, did you convert?

What influenced your decision to convert and why?

Religion fascinates me . I just LOVE to learn about people's journey in finding the perfect fit for them:)

Feel free to put in your 2 cents about the idea of religion!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Replies (21-23):
DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I was brought up Catholic. I was baptized. I did my communion and confirmation. We did not practice 100%, but my fam always prayed to Jesus, "son of God", and to the saints. Once I got older and started to learn about other religions, it came to me that there is no such thing as religion. People choose to divide themselves however they see fit most of the time and still become blinded by this world, failing to realize there is something better for them than this. I feel there is a way of life and there is God and only Him and he is not to be associated with anything or anyone else. He has no children and we are here to serve him (that is our main purpose). I believe in being a good person and staying modest. It is quite simple (what I believe I mean). What enables me to believe this is that there are just way too many signs to believe otherwise. I read as much as I can and reflect. I respect that other people believe differently and I know people and have associates/friends that believe in many different things. 

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I was brought up very religious, as was my hubby, but neither of us practice religion. He believes in the Christian faith while I believe religion is more of a culture then set truth. I choose to have faith in A higher being but not THE HIGHER BEING Identified by a specific name because I believe all our answers can be right. I hate the division it causes and choose not to teach my kids a religion. They know right from wrong and that's as far as I allow it to go until they express a need for some type of faith. My son actually talks about Buddhism so I may get a book for him to learn more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MasaFlowers
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:52 AM

I was raised evangelical, as a teenager grew dissatisfied with everything and choose to believe in nothing, not even spirituality.  I wouldn´t call myself atheist or gnostic because those have a set of principles that I also do not believe in 100%, and those are also an offshoot of quasi religious organizations.  With a due respect, for me all religions, higher-power beliefs, spiritual awakenings, ect. are a scam and only seek to control people, but I also understand that it makes a lot of people happy and gives them meaning to their lives.  Still, I prefer nothing and that´s how it is to this day, it makes things easier for me, I had an option to choose and eventually I would want my kid to have that freedom.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)