Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teenager in danger what can i do

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
My daughter is seeing a dangerous guy and she is almiost 18 am desperate she is blind about this huy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Without more info I don't know how to respond to this. I understand your concern and he could very well be dangerous. But unfortunately you can't try to control her because then she will rebel against you.

karladiego
by Karla on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

The only thing I can tell you is that if you have proof of it, to show it to her but don't try to stop her or forbid her to stop seeing him or she would do the opposite of that. Sometimes as much as we want to protect our kids, they will have to fall and get hurt to learn from it.

Like I said show her proof she could be in danger and hopefully she'll open her eyes. Good luck.

krise
by Christine-Arizona on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Quoting JeannetteG:

Without more info I don't know how to respond to this. I understand your concern and he could very well be dangerous. But unfortunately you can't try to control her because then she will rebel against you.

This! No idea on who he is or why you think this..

I would suggest poss doing a background check on him.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM

EXACTLY!!!

Quoting krise:

Quoting JeannetteG:

This! No idea on who he is or why you think this..

I would suggest poss doing a background check on him.

LOVES67
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Talk to her and let her know your feeling toward the guy and like the other mamas are telling there right.. Don't be her enemy.

luvmygrndhg
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Let her know that you love her unconditionally no matter what she decides.  Make sure she is aware of all the potential consequences of being with that person.  For example, if he is doing something illegal she could be made an accomplice or be implicated by virtue of her association with him.  Invite her to consider all the repercussions of having a criminal record.  If she gets pregnant (which she will even if she's on birth control because many times it fails), what are the consequences of having a child with this man.  As he is right now (assuming that men don't change), would he be a good/responsible father?  Would she really want to have that tie to him if he's not?  Please, please make sure she doesn't have the illusion that she can change him.  Men can change but it's an internal decision and very seldom because of the love of a woman.

luvmygrndhg
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Also, is your daughter's father involved in her life?  If he's a good influence, he could be essential in getting through this crisis.

Vamp
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Dangerous as in criminal, serial killer or drug dealer or somethuing l ike that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)