Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Free Conference for Spanish-Speaking Moms who have Kids with special needs

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 1 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, I am a communications intern at YAI.

YAI is a nonprofit whose focus is to provide services and programs to people with developmental disabilities and their families throughout the New York metropolitan area.

As an intern, I have seen how hard it is for families to navigate the disability service system and get the support that their loved ones deserve. If you were to combine that with a language barrier, it is even more daunting.

Therefore, I am writing to get the word out about a free conference  for Spanish-speaking families.

This conference is entirely in Spanish for Latino families of individuals with developmental disabilities, including intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy, and the professionals who support them.

It will be held on March 5, 2013 from 9 am.  to 3 pm. at the CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Ave., (at 34th Street) New York, N.Y.

http://www.yai.org/about/newsroom/press-releases/free-spanish-language-health.html

If you know someone who is Spanish-speaking and has a child with a disability in the greater NYC area please get the word out!

Thanks! :)

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ochoa.mama
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM
This sounds so gr8 ...how wonderful
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)