Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just an update

Posted by on May. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

Dustin had to use his cane today; the first time in over a year.  We told people it was because of the cold temps last night making his back stiff and throwing off his balance.  He is going to get a hold of his neurosurgeon though; he tried touching his nose with his eyes shut and kept missing.  That on top of the migraines, leg spasms and weakness, and his impaired balance is not a good sign.  We are hoping he hasn't developed a cyst on his spine or anything.  We'll know more after he talks to Dr. Ryan, I guess.  Please keep us in your prayers.

by on May. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fern624
by on May. 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM

and when you say it be Proud...I mean there are many out there that need to be reached out to!!...And as long as we stay hidden then  there are people put there suffering right now and wont  use a cane,walker, wheelchair...I have all 4 of these items and it helps mentally & physcially to know that i have the freedom to do what i can with just that little help...I'm telling you right now that we need Awareness!!...So teell him to hang in there. I find its the pain and numbness that more of the bother..lol rember if i can help in any way Please let me know......fern

preacherskid
by Owner on May. 13, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Thanks.  He's getting an MRI today to check for slippage, cyst, stroke, etc.  The symptoms seem to be coming on more quickly than last time.  So we have told his parents and mine that he may go back to what he was like before the surgery, next we are going to have to tell our friends, church members, etc.  He also finds the numbness the biggest problem.  Since it affects his legs and hands most, it limits him in chasing after our daughter and working on the computer, the two things he does most often.  But, we won't know if anything can be done until the MRI results come back.  He's going to be all loopy afterwards lol.  They are doing with anf without contrast, and the contrast dye they have to use makes him act like he is high or something, so the afternoon will be very interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)