Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ball game tonight!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

The kids have a ball game tonight at 5:30!  Hopefully they do great!  I finally got their pants (white, of course) clean after soaking in water/shout mixture and washing 3 times.  LOL.  I just wish our league would get the rules right.  We had our first two games on Saturday.  The first game, they made us only play our 10 players and made our extra 2 subs.  The extra 2 didn't get to play at all, and I found it completly unfair.  The second game, they all played.  First game, didn't keep score, second game, kept score.  I just wish they would make up their minds!  LOL

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sweet-a-kins
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM

We have a rule that every kid plays at least 2 innings. At this age (8) its about learning and having fun. They can't learn as much if they don't get game time. Maybe you could talk to your league commissioner? or at least mention it to the coach

I have one girl who will play 2 and then say she doesn't want to play anymore...I made her play a thirdt last time but after that she sulked on the bench with her parents giving my asst coach an earful for not playing her...umm, she doesn't WANT to play! lol I can't make her

sometimesitis
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM

We just got done with the game, and we lost 22-9.  But it was a great game.  My son played pitcher, and I have to say that he was WONDERFUL!  I am so proud of him.  My dh is at work, and he called while we were playing.  He got an earful when my ds tagged a runner out right before home plate!  LOL.  My dd actually got into the game tonight!  She was awesome, too!  The only problem...well, that's a whole different post for after the kids go to bed.  I'll be back.  LOL

IhartU
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Quoting sometimesitis:

We just got done with the game, and we lost 22-9.  But it was a great game.  My son played pitcher, and I have to say that he was WONDERFUL!  I am so proud of him.  My dh is at work, and he called while we were playing.  He got an earful when my ds tagged a runner out right before home plate!  LOL.  My dd actually got into the game tonight!  She was awesome, too!  The only problem...well, that's a whole different post for after the kids go to bed.  I'll be back.  LOL

I'm glad he had a good time and did a great job!

jackiesmom72
by Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I'm glad he had a good time too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)