Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 5 year old that still wets the bed.

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

Hi.  I'm Crystal.  I have 3 girls and 1 on the way.  My 5 yo still wets the bed at night.  I was able to potty train her at 2 1/2 yo.  I tried before that but she couldn't do it yet.  So by that age she was considered potty trained.  First thing she had problems was pooping in her pants still.  At that time she did not pee in her pants at night.  So I know she can handle not doing it.  Then once she stopped pooping in her pants then she started peeing in her pants.  Especially when she would play outside.  This started at 3yo.  I understand children get occupied and might forget.  Well she missed out a lot that summer.  Every time she did that she stayed in the house and watched her older sister get to play outside.  It's like it never clicked for her.  At the same time she did pee in her pants at night.  I finally gave in and bought pull ups just night time.  I was tired of washing sheets everyday and I'm sure that mattress couldn't handle anymore.  One day I caught her peeing in her pull ups before she even went to bed.  So I know for sure she's doing this on purpose and being lazy.  So I went back to panties and figured she's 5 yo now and would not like laying in her pee.  Nope she still didn't care.  So I was like I'm done with paying for pull ups and joined a cloth diapering group and now use Happy Heiny's training pants with 2 microfiber inserts.  I'm to the point I don't know what to do with her.  No discipline ever works so I give up.  I figure she has to grow out of this sometime right?  I do have a nephew that does have a medical issue and still wets the bed at night.  He's 14 yo soon to be 15yo.  I know he can't help it and wishes he could.  Madison looks at him well he does it why I can't I attitude which is very annoying!   

expecting babylistening to tunesskateboardingbaby girl

by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
emandnsmom
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I totally understand your frustration. I know that my 5yr old has some bladder issues, but sometimes, it just kinda makes me wonder...is she just to lazy to go to the bathroom? Some days she stays dry all day, others....omg...let's just say I wash ALL day long! Just wanted to say I understand your frustration!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)