Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

An Idea.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

I wanted to share this idea with you ladies, A lady from my church came over to my house after our M/C in 2002 and gave me this idea and it has helped me immensly.. So I wanted to pass it on.

The week after I miscarried I was inspired to plant a tree, some flowers or a Rose bush. The symbolization is in honor and memory of the child I had lost.. I watch my Flowers grow each day and I will say there are days that it makes me cry to see them, But I also have a place I can go in the comfort of my own home to talk to my child and mourn, but I also get to feed and nuteur and water them to make them look the best they can.

With our latest M/C we planted a tree, it has beautiful leaves and I see my kids around it all the time and I can not help but think that some how they know that is there sibling and they love taking care of it, watering and laughing around it to make it grow.

Perhaps this will help you too.

by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
xoNIKKIox
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Beautiful idea. :-) And I love that it celebrates life.

Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on May. 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM

With my first loss, I wrote a letter to the baby.  I still have it and find myself reading it every so often.  With my latest, I haven't done anything for it.  I'm not sure why, other than I haven't felt a need to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)