• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you TTC?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

Who in here is TTC? If you are, how did you and your SO/DH come to the decision to try again after a loss?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candcsmom2008
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM

We knew that we want another-our last child, we had alot of support and we talked about it and knew that our Angel baby would have not wanted us to stop due to the loss.

christine.r2624
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM

We are not trying, because we are pregnant. Deciding to try was pretty easy for us.... we hadnt even had one together, and we want at least 4, including my first DS. We didnt tell our families, because frankly, it wasnt any of their business, and we werent married yet and my parents wouldnt have approved.

oreo1991
by on May. 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM

i am not ttc right now but.. we will try again just not right now i am still hurting and i am still stress but all the woman always have to ask there selfs why you. why does something like this have to happen to us. but like everyone said to me it happen for a reason. but that statement wasnt good enough.

Cafe Jenn
by on May. 4, 2010 at 2:31 PM

It wasn't an easy decision for us.  When I knew there was no chance my pregnancy would last, I said no more.  I'm done.  Of course I knew that was my emotions talking.

We decided to wait the one month and then see how we felt.  We had been TTC for 2 1/2 years prior to our miscarriage.  After the m/c we had to step back and rethink if we really wanted to try.  Our youngest will be 5 in August.  My older sister and I are 7 years apart, my younger sister and I are 5 years apart.  It is a big gap and I wasn't sure if I wanted to have our children have that big of a gap.  Plus, I will turn 33 in June and while that's not old, it's been 5 years since I was pregnant last, did I really want to go through that all again plus the middle of the night feedings? 

Then there was the question that I think everyone asks themselves, what happens if it happens again?

After thinking about it a lot over that month, I came to the conclusion that if I was meant to have another baby it would happen.  If I was meant to have another miscarraige it would happen. 

My husband fully supported my decision.  He gave me his opinion and he listened to mine but he supported me either way. 

candcsmom2008
by on May. 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I hear you momma, I think the hard part is the fact that we may never know why, we may never know the reason for the taking of our child, but have faith and know that YOU did nothing wrong, it is not a punishment in anyway. I know the pain is fresh and your heart is still broken, but I know you and I know you will be OK this experiance will make you stronger. GL MOMMA I Love You! Please take this time to grieve.

Quoting oreo1991:

i am not ttc right now but.. we will try again just not right now i am still hurting and i am still stress but all the woman always have to ask there selfs why you. why does something like this have to happen to us. but like everyone said to me it happen for a reason. but that statement wasnt good enough.

Join me in the Miscarriage Support group

Txmommy13
by on May. 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM

No, i have my tubes tied.But i did get pregnant once after that so im hoping for another miracle!

shortyk2
by on May. 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM

It took us 2.5 years to decide to try agian, even now that I am pregnant I still wonder if I made the right choice. No doubt I want this baby, but am I emotionally strong enough to handle it if something were to go wrong

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Not right now. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

tigra6784
by on May. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I am not currently TTC as I just had my son in October.  However, when we lost the baby (my 2nd pregnancy) I had a feeling right away that I wanted to try again (my DH was on board) but then had some sadness/depression and had decided to wait.... well as it turns out I got pregnant during the time I decided I wanted to wait so I didn't really get to think it through too much. 

ilovemykids323
by on May. 12, 2010 at 9:37 PM

WE aren't trying to concieve right now. But after our m/c we started ttc right after my first period. We planned our baby that we lost and we new we wanted children so we just went for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)