Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess it hasnt sunk in yet..

Posted by on May. 18, 2010 at 6:50 AM
  • 5 Replies

I miscarried today. :( I didnt even know I was pregnant. I was having extremely horrible lower abdominal pains so I went to the ER and they told me. I have the copper IUD so being pregnant didnt even cross my mind. ::sigh:: I feel bad tho because I dont feel sad, I dont feel upset. Maybe because it was so sudden and so unexpected? Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired it'll hit me. I dont know, has anyone else felt like this before to? This is my first one and I always thought if I miscarried I'd be devistated. But as of now I'm not.. ? I know that probably sounds horrible.

Photobucket

by on May. 18, 2010 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommaBoop922
by on May. 18, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Everyone handles things differently and it doesn't make it any worse or any better.  Like you said, maybe its because you weren't trying or expecting it and since you didn't know you were pregnant it may have been the amount of time you had to think about it. I don't think it sounds horrible and I don't think you should feel like you need to be crushed... Just take it one day at a time and if those feelings change then make sure you take time to face it and grieve about it.  Good luck and Im sorry for your loss... I hope you get some rest and feel better soon :)  

Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on May. 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I agree with MommaBoop.  It is probably hitting you differently because you faced finding out and losing your baby all on the same day.  It may not hit you as hard as someone else or it could hit you harder in a few days.  Deal with it as it comes.  You will be stronger in the end.

Txmommy13
by on May. 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM

WOW! You are saying exactly what i feel.With my 2nd m/c it was a huge shock(i have my tubes tied) and i didnt even know unti i was miscarrying at about 6wks or so.I feel like such a bad person becasue with my first m/c i was devasted and horribly upset.And this time i feel bad but i dont feel nearly as sad as with my first.The only time ive been really upset is around the time i wouldve been 16wks and finding out the sex.And i'll probably feel a little sad around the due date.But i totally understand, part of it at first for me was just pure shock at the thought that i somehow got pregnant, then part was denial.

THere is no right or wrong way to feel about this.I"ll bee thinking about you and if you need anything you can message me if you'd like.

xoNIKKIox
by on May. 18, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Please don't beat yourself up over not feeling sad right now. You just had a double shock: finding out you are pregnant and finding out you're miscarrying that pregnancy. That's quite a lot to digest and you probably need time to process that information.

There's no right or wrong way to feel in this situation. If you never feel the type of sadness you *think* you should feel, that's okay. You didn't have a chance to know you're pregnant, you weren't hoping to get pregnant, so you had none of the emotional build up that tends to feed the emotional crash, when you experience loss.

I'm sorry your experiencing this and for your loss. We're all here for you.

candcsmom2008
by on May. 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

OOO MOMMA I am so very sorry hun!! With not knowing you were PG it makes since that you did not get attached.. I do no think it sounds bad.. Again sorry for your loss momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)