Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

They don't know if I had a miscarriage!

Posted by on May. 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

My hormone levels had decreased after bleeding, cramping and I passed a clot. I clear cut miscarriage. They still wanted to monitor my blood levels and I put it off because they told me definitively I miscarried. But I finally took a third and my hormone levels went from 66 to 49 to 213. 49 to 213 happened in 12 days. But hormones are supposed to double every 2-3 days so mine aren't high enough to indicate a normal pregnancy but they rose so I AM pregnant. None of it makes sense. Hormones DO NOT fluctuate or decrease when you are pregnant, they rise exponentially. Did I have twins and miscarry one? Is it still ectopic? If so, why am I not in any pain? I've been bleeding for over 2 weeks.
UGH, I'm so frustrated and I just want answers!
Oh...the worst part is that I did a gastric emptying study with xrays that lasted hours and ate radioactive food and drank radioactive water for the test. So would I have a special needs baby? Would I have to abort or even be able to carry to term? Will I have a perfectly healthy child?

by on May. 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on May. 19, 2010 at 2:58 PM

What is your doctor saying about all this?  Have you had an ultrasound yet?  I would think the next thing to happen is an ultrasound.  How far along do you think you are?

Good luck.  Keep us posted on how things are going.

Snuggle_Slings
by on May. 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I've been on the phone all day trying to get an ultrasound but they want me to do blood test after blood test. A nurse suggested it could be a molar pregnancy. I can't find out anything if they don't call me back!

goodson_2008
by on May. 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Holy cow the same thing is happening to me but I have not passed a clot.... they think maybe I was pregnant with3 and lost 1 or pregnant with 2 and lost 1...... could you be pregnant with twins???? I want answers too I cant belive I found someone going through this did they tell you how far you are??? My drs cant figure it out

christine.r2624
by on May. 19, 2010 at 6:55 PM

is happened to my aunt and she had miscarried one of a set of twins but not the other. she actually didnt have the continued blood tests, so she was 4 months before finding out she was still pregnant. She did ALOT of things (medical and recreational) that could have put her daughter at risk. I now have a completely healthy almost 3 yr old little cousin! I would just wait for the doctor to call you back, and see what happens...also, try not to stress too much over the testing you had done. stress can do more harm than the tests might have!

candcsmom2008
by on May. 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

A girlfriend of mine had this same thing and she was PG with twins and m/c one. GL MOMMA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN