Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How do you react to

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

Not being invited to baby showers because they dont want you to "get upset" hows inviting my entire family minus me going to make me feel better about the situation. And calling me and sending me pictures of the baby once shes born any different?? I lost a baby yes..but that doesnt mean that I will never want to go to a babyshower or anything like that again.. My sister thinks i am over reacting.. I told her till she is in my shoes then she can tell me her opinion..

Also my sisters coworker..when she found out I had lost the baby she told me "it happens" then expects sympathy from me when the roles are reversed?? I dont get people sometimes..

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I'm sorry for your experiences. It just plain sucks to have people not understand what you're going through.

I've never been excluded from a baby event because of my m/c. In a strange way, I think these people meant well, but they should have extended the invitation and allowed you to decide for yourself whether you felt comfortable/ready to attend. As for your sister's coworker: sadly, many women don't get what a loss you experience when you m/c until/unless they miscarry. I would probably comment at some point that I am very sorry for her loss--and that perhaps now she understand how you felt when you m/c. I wouldn't kick her right now when she's down (you can be the bigger/better woman!), but I am the sort who would remind someone of their thoughtless comment--which gives them the opportunity to apologize (or not) and helps me better judge their character.

Again, I'm very very sorry you're experiencing such frustration.

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

A lot of people do not know how to react towards the situation. And are afraid to offend someone. I think they don't look at the bigger picture. A lot of my friends don't dance around it any more since I've been through it so much. I always get the option and always happy to buy things for friends. I never get annoyed or anything like that. At first I did but at the end I started to know god will one day give me another child:)

mama63640
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM
NO YOU are not over reacting I would be upset
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN