Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

July Challenge: Week of 7/11-7/17

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Okay, ladies, it's time to challenge ourselves to meet our goals! The following ladies have declared their goals for July (see earlier "July Challenge" post):

Jenn: exercise 3x/week

Christine: focus on physical and emotional health; discover what is wrong and be proactive about treatment

Mrseckstein: catch up on cleaning and start getting son's room ready

Echupko: run 8-9 miles in one stretch

Armywifey: get used to new motorcycle

Mama63640: apply for disability 

Angeldescending: lose weight. (care to be specific?)

genabella: tame the laundry beasts with her trusty iron!

Nikki: lose eight pounds.

Every week, please find the JULY CHALLENGE thread and tell us

1. what your plan is for the week to get you toward your goal;

2. what progress you made;

3. how you're feeling (we're here to rally you!).

ANY OTHER LADIES CARE TO JOIN US? FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN AT ANY TIME! EVERYONE IS WELCOME! :-)

Just trying to get some positive, powerful momentum going, which will be no problem, with all of you amazing women!

Rock your week!

by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
genabella
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Okay, so... I have this one thing that bothers me more than anything... and it's LAUNDRY. Not the actual laundry itself, but the ironing. I literally have about 5 baskets of clothes that are always full of things waiting to be ironed and I HATE it..I MUST get it all taken care of by the end of the month.

1.) Gotta do SOME ironing every day...

2.) Got some done today... (I think it's reproducing as we speak, though) LOL

3.) I FEEL like I wanna burn it in a great big bonfire rather than look at it one more day...

Aye caramba! Gotta get it done, though..

mama63640
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Ok update on us dh is still looking but we found out last Friday that the company he use to work told bad things about him so he is getting upset about it. As far has ttc it is not happening right now we tried lastnight but nothing got going so we are going to try again tonight, Another goal is for me to apply for disablity on my back and dh applied for his a month ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Update on me!

I got almsot the cleaning done but I just can't figure out what to do with the boys room! I know we are moving in April so should I just put something together for now? It's still a while aways but why make it all pretty like if I'm just going to take it apart! I love to plan:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christine.r2624
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Update:

1- I have written a letter to my midwife stating we will no longer be needing her services, everyone else involved in my treatment feels a hospital birth is best for this baby and me, because of some medications I have been put on.

2- I have an evaluation with a psychiatrist scheduled for August and am on the cancelation list in case something opens up more quickly. Can you believe it takes 6 weeks to be seen??

3- I have started a low dose of prozac but because of some other issues, they cant/wont put me on anything truly "effective" until I see the psychiatrist to make sure this is TRULY clinical depression and not something more serious

4- I have my first OB appointment (at 25 weeks) scheduled for this Friday, but they say I wont see the doctor this time I will just do all my paper work and get my "first visit" stuff done.... and next week go back for my first true prenatal visit.... its kinda weird for me to be starting with a doctor so late in pregnancy, I really wanted my homebirth but I think overall I am handling it fairly well.

echupko
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Um my goal has kind of been put on hold this week!!  I was out of town all weekend.  I went through a very intense training to get certified to teach BodyFlow classes at my gym (its an athletic blend of yoga, tai chi, and pilates.  Then I had to teach my first class this morning!!!  MY ENTIRE BODY HURTS!!!!  I will probably not run again until next week!  So no progress for me yet :(  BUT I do feel better/more positive than I have felt in a long time!

Mommy to three beautilful children! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09), and Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10).

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM

gen, you so crack me up! I am with you, too. I am allergic to ironing. Seriously. Will. Not. Do. It. (I have a fabulous steamer--the kind like we used in the stockroom when I worked retail during the summer. Many moons ago. LOL!)

I'll add your goal to the initial thread post. That's a tough goal, my friend. But you WILL beat those wrinkled duds into submission!

(Btw, the bonfire idea makes me think of Waiting to Exhale. Very Angela Bassett. :-P  )

Quoting genabella:

Okay, so... I have this one thing that bothers me more than anything... and it's LAUNDRY. Not the actual laundry itself, but the ironing. I literally have about 5 baskets of clothes that are always full of things waiting to be ironed and I HATE it..I MUST get it all taken care of by the end of the month.

1.) Gotta do SOME ironing every day...

2.) Got some done today... (I think it's reproducing as we speak, though) LOL

3.) I FEEL like I wanna burn it in a great big bonfire rather than look at it one more day...

Aye caramba! Gotta get it done, though..

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble your DH is going through! How frustrating.

I've revised your goal. You should be able to bang that application process out this month, no problem! :-)

Quoting mama63640:

Ok update on us dh is still looking but we found out last Friday that the company he use to work told bad things about him so he is getting upset about it. As far has ttc it is not happening right now we tried lastnight but nothing got going so we are going to try again tonight, Another goal is for me to apply for disablity on my back and dh applied for his a month ago.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I hear you about the "make it pretty only to move" feelings. We're going to start looking for bigger digs--and so I am reluctant to beautify. 

As a happy medium, can you make it as prettily functional as possible without doing any big projects (like reno)? You don't even need to paint, if you don't want to do so. But maybe hanging art (that you can take with you) or changing out bed linens (because they'll go with you, too) will give the room the facelift you're looking for?

Quoting mrseckstein:

Update on me!

I got almsot the cleaning done but I just can't figure out what to do with the boys room! I know we are moving in April so should I just put something together for now? It's still a while aways but why make it all pretty like if I'm just going to take it apart! I love to plan:)

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

christine, you're doing great! Wow! What a big change--from the midwife/homebirth to a hospital and OB! Good for you, for putting health and safety over preference!

I'm glad that you are able to get the eval you need (but am also astounded that  it takes 6 weeks--SIX???--to get seen. Jeez!). I'm so glad you'll get some answers! Glad , too, that they have given you some meds to help. Have you noticed a difference?

Please keep us updated on the OB appointment. I am so excited for you!

Quoting christine.r2624:

Update:

1- I have written a letter to my midwife stating we will no longer be needing her services, everyone else involved in my treatment feels a hospital birth is best for this baby and me, because of some medications I have been put on.

2- I have an evaluation with a psychiatrist scheduled for August and am on the cancelation list in case something opens up more quickly. Can you believe it takes 6 weeks to be seen??

3- I have started a low dose of prozac but because of some other issues, they cant/wont put me on anything truly "effective" until I see the psychiatrist to make sure this is TRULY clinical depression and not something more serious

4- I have my first OB appointment (at 25 weeks) scheduled for this Friday, but they say I wont see the doctor this time I will just do all my paper work and get my "first visit" stuff done.... and next week go back for my first true prenatal visit.... its kinda weird for me to be starting with a doctor so late in pregnancy, I really wanted my homebirth but I think overall I am handling it fairly well.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I bow down to you. Seriously! What you're doing takes an incredible amount of strength, endurance, flexibility, focus, and discipline. You rock!

Quoting echupko:

Um my goal has kind of been put on hold this week!!  I was out of town all weekend.  I went through a very intense training to get certified to teach BodyFlow classes at my gym (its an athletic blend of yoga, tai chi, and pilates.  Then I had to teach my first class this morning!!!  MY ENTIRE BODY HURTS!!!!  I will probably not run again until next week!  So no progress for me yet :(  BUT I do feel better/more positive than I have felt in a long time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)