Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life lessons

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
  • 7 Replies
What lesson/s have you learned from your experience/s with miscarriages?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Txmommy13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Not to take anything for granted.I had 2 previous pregnancies that went relatively well and i got my 2 dd's out of it.And with my 3rd pregnancy i just assumed it would go as smoothly, so i wasnt in any rush to go to the dr or to tell family/friends about the pregnancy.Now i wish i had gone to the dr as soon as i even suspected i might be pregnant.And maybe i couldve gotten a sono picture.IT really bugs me that i dont even have a sono picture or got to hear the heartbeat.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Miscarrying deepend my compassion and empathy. It also reminded me that I can never fully know what others have been through--and to be sensitive to others, not matter how little information they may share with you about their lives.

I say this because I had a woman take my head off after my m/c--when I started to spot wqhile pregnant again and was ordered to bed rest. I'd gone in to work to prep some materials for my absence. I was printing to a photocopier as the other woman was standing to the side--not using either of the two photocopiers. She then tored my head off by saying I should've asked her permission--so rude to enter the room, not acknowledge her, then use one of two photocopiers (neither of which she was using, mind you) without asking if she was using it, Because she HAD been using it (just to photocopy--not to print from laptop, which I needed to do). And because she planned to use it again (though she wasn't at that time using it). WTF????

Anyway, I burst into tears (hormone and situation--not my usual response. LOL!) and she wound up storming out then contacting a superior to "apologize." She said she was feeling ill and so she took it out on me. Oy. . . .

This experience stuck with me--mainly because I realized that I don't ever want to be the person who fails to notice the pain of another--and who takes out a bad day on someone else (and her day wasn't so bad, really. I mean, woman, let's compare your "feeling sick" to my, "Oh, God, am I losing this baby, too?"). I don't ever want to be THAT woman. And I really think about, reflect on, and remind myself of that frequently.

shamillionaire
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Perfectly spoken. Exactly how I feel. It definately helped me understand how truely hard it is. That even the strongest of women will crack when put through this. My heart goes out to every mother that has ever lost a child.

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

Miscarrying deepend my compassion and empathy. It also reminded me that I can never fully know what others have been through--and to be sensitive to others, not matter how little information they may share with you about their lives.

angeldescending
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I learned though I never really wanted to be a mother that having my miscarriage woke up in me a carnal instinct to be one. I learned that no one can make you feel better besides yourself and also...  To piggy back on xoNIKKIox have more compassion and sympathy for others..

angeloulala
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

That is also what I have taken away from this experience.  You never know what is going on in someone elses life.

MommaBoop922
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:02 AM

This and not to take anything for granted.... Everyday is precious and being pregnant is such a blessing.  When I had my last miscarriage I remember sitting in the hospital and they had me in a waiting area to get an u/s... well on the TV was the news and the story was about a man who threw his 6 month old little boy out a window from a car going 65 mph.  I remember sitting and thinking as I waited to be told my baby was gone how could someone like him deserve to have a baby and throw it away and then here I am waiting to lose mine... 

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

echupko
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting shamillionaire:

Perfectly spoken. Exactly how I feel. It definately helped me understand how truely hard it is. That even the strongest of women will crack when put through this. My heart goes out to every mother that has ever lost a child.

Quoting xoNIKKIox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)