Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to name the baby?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have had a really strong urge to name our angel, from day one.I just feel like its something i personally need to do, but since it was an early m/c im not really sure how to go about this.Since im not 100% sure what the sex was im not sure how to pick a name.My dh and i strongly believe it was a girl, and refer to her as a "her" or "she".So im thinking of going with a girls name.For those of you that had an early m/c how did you decide whether or not to name the baby?

by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 5:26 AM
i always went with what i felt. if i thought it was a boy then i choose a boy name. you could always try name that are gender nutral like terri,pat,chris and so now. good luck on deciding and sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
genabella
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM

My miscarriage was at around 6 weeks and I felt, for a while, that I was being silly to want to name the baby. But I really think that it helped me. No longer was it just "the baby" or "the miscarriage," as though it were some type of condition. I actually picked a name that I loved and that could go for a boy or girl. I never even told my husband that I named the baby. But in my heart, I will always remember "Chandler Ryan"... and it gave me a certain amount of peace and contentment.

You could certainly pick out a girl's name that you would like.. or as jeniemarie suggested, you could also go with a gender neutral name..

I understand where you are. I wondered the same thing. But as soon as I did it, it felt right.

Hugs to you!

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM

It's not stupid at all to want to name your child.:) Go for it. If you think it was a girl than it was a girl:) Usually a mom is right. :) I'm sorry for your loss again girl. If you need anything I'm here for you

LuvmyFam6
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I am sorry for your loss momma!  I think it will be great if you named the baby.  I had my miscarriage at around 12 weeks.  I thought I was able to heal the wounds but lately they have resurfarced, it's been amost 10 years since and now I feel like I am hurting for my child, i've been very sad lately.  I also have the feeling now that the baby was a girl, I had a D & C done, I didn't get to see the baby, I wish I would of been given the option, even if she was tiny, she was still part of me.  I say do what you feel is right, she is a part of you and you of her, forever.  Hugs

olivejuicebby
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks, of course I didn't know the gender.. we call the baby "Baby Olive" It helps me, even if its not a 'name name' :)

Txmommy13
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Thank you all so much.I guess i part of me thought i would be "silly" to name the baby.But i really do think it would help.I know i lost her about 3 yrs ago, but still feel like its never too late to name her.Thanks for letting me know its ok and not silly to want to name my baby.Oh, by the way i think im gonna go with a girls name, ive always liked Gabriella, Gabby for short.

xoNIKKIox
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Gabby's a sweet name. :-)

I didn't name my child. I had special nicknames--and then I started thinking of him (didn't know the sex but felt strongly it was a boy) as "angel" and "angel boy" on top of the nicknames. Somehow, having special names like that was comforting--so I understand your need to call Gabby by a name. 

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I don't think it's silly.  And Gabriella is a beautiful name :)

Quoting Txmommy13:

Thank you all so much.I guess i part of me thought i would be "silly" to name the baby.But i really do think it would help.I know i lost her about 3 yrs ago, but still feel like its never too late to name her.Thanks for letting me know its ok and not silly to want to name my baby.Oh, by the way i think im gonna go with a girls name, ive always liked Gabriella, Gabby for short.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

pumpkinskiddo
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Your not silly,I had a mc back in May and me and DH thought it was a boy from day one.And so we named him Landon Donovan.i was 9 weeks btw

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)