Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

No idea what is gong on with me....

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  • 36 Replies

So I am 6 weeks pregnant (I think) and yesterday I started having some cramping and brown discharge.  I couldn't relax so I went to the ER. 

My HCG levels were about 2300.  They did a vaginal exam and said there was very little blood in there but that my cervix was slightly open.  This could be because I am miscarrying or because I have had 3 kids etc.  Then they did an U/S.  They said that my uterus looks pregnant and thick but they could not see all the needed to see. 

They couldn't completely rule out a blighted ovum but said it could just be an early pregnancy. 

So they basically could  not tell me either way. 

I have to go in two days to have my HCG levels rechecked.

Anyone else go through this?

CafeMom Tickers

I am married to a wonderful man and together we have 3 amazing kids and 1 on the way.  I am a breastfeeding, babywearing, clothdiapering passionate momma :-)

by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaWolf2010
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Ive never gone thru this... keep ur hopes and head held high! Remember everything happens for a reason and keep us posted!

Mom2Be0804
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Please keep us posted!  Prayers to you and your family.

I didn't go through this exact scenario, but I do remember having my blood drawn quite a few times to measure my levels.  They found that mine were still rising even though nothing was growing or changing inside because my body continued to think that it was pregnant.

Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Good luck.  I had no cramping but some brown discharge and my HcG numbers weren't high and then when I went back they weren't doubling and then they started falling :(  

However, not everyone who has discharge/blood have miscarriages.  Keep your hope up until you hear something different.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM

My loss at 11w in May 08 started with brown discharge.

I hope things turn out better for you!!  You and your little one will be in my prayers

Mommy to three beautilful children! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09), and Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10).

Txmommy13
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Im sorry, your going through this.Its hard to go through something and not get any answers, believe me i know.Just keep your hopes up and think positiv.I'll will be praying for you and hope it turns out well.

ritzbit
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Most dr's wait until your levels are around 4000 to do an ultrasound because otherwise, there is nothing to see, which happened in your case.  So hopefully your levels will double and they will be able to at least see a sac next time.  Probably won't get a heartbeat detection until at least 6 weeks.

About the bleeding...it does not always mean bad things.  With my second pregnancy, I bled for a week pretty heavy and also had cramps.  That pregnancy was successful and she's almost 6 now!  With my third pregnancy this past June, I started spotting pink and then it turned to red, but not really heavy.  I m/c 5 days later. 

So think positive thoughts (I know...it's hard!), but in a couple days, you should know more!!  We'll be thinking of you!

Group Owner of these awesome groups:   
Home Childcare Providers
http://www.cafemom.com/group/familychildcare  

noliegirl
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM

This is exactly how I started out, but I'm hoping you see the numbers double in a couple of days!  Keep us updated, please!

LnGsMommy
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Thank you all soooo much for the positive thoughts, feedback and prayers!!

I will keep you posted!

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Im sorry you are going through this.  I went through the brown discharge and went in for my blood tests at the ER b/c I was cramping at 6 weeks.  They told me it was too soon but at 8 weeks I went in again because the discharge turned pink and when they did my check my levels weren't rising, my cervix had a bunch of blood and they said I stopped progressing at 6 weeks :(  

BUT that doesn't mean that is whats happening to you, they will know better with your levels in two days and its definitely too early to see something on the u/s... most ppl wait until 8-9 weeks.  It could be implantation bleeding or normal bleeding and you may be earlier then you thought.  Try to think positive and send some happy thoughts to your belly :)  Please keep us posted and I hope all goes well.  *Hugs*

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I panicked when I saw brown discharge when pregnant with my DS. I had some cramping also. On the heels of my miscariage, these seemed very bleak signs. However, the discharge was nothing to be concerned about--and the cramping wound up being nothing, too. I had a successful pregnancy.

You're in my thoughts. Big hugs to you. I'm willing those numbers to go up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN