• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maybe TMI....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

I was in the er on tuesday night where I had a misscarriage I was just over 13wks.  I just went to the bathroom and passed some more tissue.  It was about the size of a silver dollar and when I tried to dry it alittle so I could see it better it was about 7 inches long.  Should I be concerned?  I am home alone with my youngest and have to babysit 3 kids tomorrow and my Dh is out of town untill tomorrow night.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ritzbit
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM

What did they do at the ER for you?  Did they send you home to pass it naturally?  If so, that may have been it.  When I went to the ER, they did a D&C, so I'm sorry I can't help you any more.  If you are feeling in pain though, I would cancel watching the other kids.  Can someone come over and help you with your kids and to be with you?  When I m/c, my mom came and took my kids for 3 days and I closed my daycare.  You need time to emotionally heal also along with the physical part, especially if you just now finishing it.  Good luck and I hope you can find someone to help you there.

pregowithfifth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Quoting ritzbit:

What did they do at the ER for you?  Did they send you home to pass it naturally?  If so, that may have been it.  When I went to the ER, they did a D&C, so I'm sorry I can't help you any more.  If you are feeling in pain though, I would cancel watching the other kids.  Can someone come over and help you with your kids and to be with you?  When I m/c, my mom came and took my kids for 3 days and I closed my daycare.  You need time to emotionally heal also along with the physical part, especially if you just now finishing it.  Good luck and I hope you can find someone to help you there.

I passed everything in the er.  They did an ultrasound to make sure that nothing was left in my uterus.  My bleeding is almost done when I woke up this morning so I called the nurse line and they told me that it was ok if my bleeding is almost done.

Rachelle11503
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM

before I had my D&C and was bleeding moderatley I passed some clots that were pretty emormous, I'm talking bigger than my whole hand. About 5 of those. The docs didn't seem to be too concerned with the clots, they only did the d&c because my hormones were not dropping fast enough and it had been 2 weeks. So if the nurse is not concerned I would listen to her. Just make sure you still wear heavy enough pads, because even between clots when the bleeding wasn't a whole lot I'd get a clot and if I didn't get to the toilet soon enough it was...ewww really messy.
If you are still getting them by MON I would still call the doc to make sure all is fine, but I'm sure the nurse is right. Dont overwork yourself!!!! Hopefully the kids are gonna be good for you. So sorry for your loss, we are all here if you need us!

pregowithfifth
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM

They are my best friends kids and they know better than to mess with me.  Thier mom explained to them that we lost the baby and so far today they are being angels thier momma must have put some fear in them this morning LOL  Thanks for your support mommys

Txmommy13
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Im sorry.I would also say to take it easy, because if you dont it can really delay the physical part of the healing process.

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I wasn't as far along as you, but I had a natural miscarriage and passed very large clots. (I also have heavy periods and pass good sized  clots during AF--and these were much more horrifying). To me, it doesn't sound out of the ordinary to have clots, even after passing a lot in the ER. However, I think it's good to check in with your doc, whenever you have concerns. Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)