Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mood swings still normal after a month???

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am having horrible mood swings and im not sure if its because im still so sad or if its because I just got over my period. But I hate it and I really try not to but it comes out loud and clear! Anyone else do this also??

Justine

ladybug

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rachelle11503
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I'm not sure. I know it took a while before mine went down, and then before my period came it got really bad. I'm on day 4 of my first period and my hormones are still a little wild. So I suppose it could be hormones, but I'm sure some of it is from trying to process the grief also. If you are concerned, you should talk to your doctor, because depression and anxiety are common after a miscarriage too. Hope things get easier for you soon!

Momma to 2 princesses!

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I still had mood swings months afterwards. So I think it's normal because your levels of hormones have to get back to normal.

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I think a big part of it may also be you dealing with the grief... I've heard the hormones leave our system pretty soon after everything happens but psychologically its still very much their which may be causing some mood swings... and just getting over your period doesn't help... Just try to take it easy and maybe doing something like a nice bath or a walk will help get some of the stress away and help with your mood.  Hope you feel better soon! 

daiseekim08
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I don't know if its normal but I've been doing the same thing and I haven't even had AF yet.  My poor hubby, I've been snapping his head off.  I know I'm doing it but I can't help it.  Then I get mad at myself for not controling it.  I've even snapped at Jaiden and that makes me feel like a terrible mom.Shes only 2.5 yrs old.  I've done alot of apologizing the last few days.  I'm sure it will pass for the both of us.wink

CafeMom Tickers
Txmommy13
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I would say its a combo of emotions from the m/c and just regular hormones from your period.In the past on occasion ive been known to get crabby when its that time of the month, so its probably that mixed with the emotions of the m/c.Its only been a little over a week and im still feeling kinda down about everything.Im here for you and you can message me if you need ANYTHING!

MommaWolf2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thank u ladys!

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

As the others noted, it takes time to feel more like yourself again. Being more emotionally charged and shorter tempered is part of the grieving process. You're working through hurt, anger, sadness, confusion--a gamut of emotions.

Pregnancy hormones aren't to blame, once they have left your system. And the amount of time that takes depends upon how high your levels were to begin with. For instance, in very early pregnancy, it's conceivable to have your hCG level plummet to "not pregnant" levels within a cuple of days. I wouldn't think AF caused your mood swings because most women feel the most irritated before AF (as PMS symptoms). But keep in mind that stress can mess with hormones, too. So the stress of loss can wreak a lot of havoc at any point of your cycle.

It hasn't been that long since your loss. You will have good days and bad--and this may happen for a while. I know you've been keeping busy and staying focused on the positive. That will help you to have more good days and bad. But, of course, if you find yourself having a multitude of bad days, make sure you speak with a medical professional.

Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)