Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Gratitude is a crucial part of the healing process. It can also help us through life's challenges. After all, gratitude helps us to generate and focus positive energy, find balance, and make us feel good.

Physically, I have been having a tough time, so I have been reminding myself to be grateful and give thanks. I'd love for otehrs to join me in reaffirming our attitude of gratitude.

Take a moment to give thanks to special friends on CM and to express your gratitude for life's many joys and blessings. Let's create a feel-good thread.

P.S. I know that we sometimes havew a hard time being grateful because we are holding on to pain, upset, perceived slights, our own shortcomings, and other unpleasantness. If you find yourself in this position, perhaps this Buddhist Prayer for Forgiveness will help:

If I have harmed anyone in any way,

either knowingly or unknowingly

through my own confusions,

I ask forgiveness.

If anyone has harmed me in any way,

either knowingly or unknowingly

through their own confusions,

I forgive them.

And if there is a situation I am not yet ready to forgive,

I forgive myself for that.

For all the ways that I harm myself,

negate, doubt, belittle myself, judge or be unkind

to myself through my own confusions,

I forgive myself for that.

by on Aug. 10, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Replies (21-27):
Cafe Jenn
by Jenn on Aug. 13, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Yesterday, while I was at the doctor's for my annual exam, I was thinking about this group.  I always believe things happen for a reason and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I had to experience another miscarriage earlier this year.  After all, we had been trying for 2 years, we are stable and able to provide for another child.  I was pretty devastated but it.  So much so I didn't really want to tell anyone that I had failed again.

Well yesterday at the doctor, it dawned on me.  Had I not experienced this miscarriage, I may not have been so willing to step up and make this group great.  Sure I experienced a miscarriage before this last one but that was 8 years ago and I was 'over it' and not sure I would want to revisit something so painful day after day.

So here I am, not only finding my own healing but also having the privilege to help other find their healing too.  I must say a huge thank you to each of you.  Because of each of your stories, each of your struggles, I have been able to make something so horrible and awful into something that has meaning now.

thank yougroup hug

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Gena, I could echo the same sentiments back to you (which is fitting, because I often find myself thinking/feeling exactly what you post). 

I do try to maintain a bright outlook--but  feel fortunate that you embrace me even when I am far from sunny. You'll listen and encourage and just give me a dose of the fabulousness that is YOU--and I can get my head and perspective back on straight.

I am lucky to have had my path entwine with yours. Thank you for so generously sharing your heart and mind and company with me.

Quoting genabella:

Nikki... I don't think that you will ever know how much your words have helped me through days when I was smiling in words but crying inside. With your loving sentiments and eternal bright outlook, you have motivated me when I couldn't find a reason to take one more step. You have been a true friend and I am beyond grateful. I'm amazed.

bow down

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this, Jenn. I'm having a "smiling but a little weepy" moment in response. LOL.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Yesterday, while I was at the doctor's for my annual exam, I was thinking about this group.  I always believe things happen for a reason and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I had to experience another miscarriage earlier this year.  After all, we had been trying for 2 years, we are stable and able to provide for another child.  I was pretty devastated but it.  So much so I didn't really want to tell anyone that I had failed again.

Well yesterday at the doctor, it dawned on me.  Had I not experienced this miscarriage, I may not have been so willing to step up and make this group great.  Sure I experienced a miscarriage before this last one but that was 8 years ago and I was 'over it' and not sure I would want to revisit something so painful day after day.

So here I am, not only finding my own healing but also having the privilege to help other find their healing too.  I must say a huge thank you to each of you.  Because of each of your stories, each of your struggles, I have been able to make something so horrible and awful into something that has meaning now.

thank yougroup hug

Mom2Be0804
by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I am so thankful for everyone in this group.  I have never truly grieved the loss of my first child and I have made it a point this year to allow myself to do that.  The support everyone has given me and encouraging stories of personal experiences is helping me carve that path to healing.

Thank you all...God has truly blessed me by bringing you all into my life. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Aug. 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM
I am also so thankful for this group! Losing our daughter in May was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, not sure how I would be right now if it weren't for all of the wonderful women here!!

I also want to say thanks to you Nikki!! You always know exactly what to say!! Your words have helped me many times! Your are an awesome motivator, you truly inspire me! Thank you!

Mommy to three beautilful children! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09), and Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10).

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 5:21 PM

And THANK YOU for sharing your spirit and kindness with us. Women like you make our group such a warm, rich, generous community.

Quoting Mom2Be0804:

I am so thankful for everyone in this group.  I have never truly grieved the loss of my first child and I have made it a point this year to allow myself to do that.  The support everyone has given me and encouraging stories of personal experiences is helping me carve that path to healing.

Thank you all...God has truly blessed me by bringing you all into my life. :)

xoNIKKIox
by on Aug. 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Wow--THANK YOU so much for your sweet words. You made my day. :-)

You know, you always bring me a sense of calm and reassurance. and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. So thank you for being a breath of fresh, relaxing air for me!

Quoting echupko:

I also want to say thanks to you Nikki!! You always know exactly what to say!! Your words have helped me many times! Your are an awesome motivator, you truly inspire me! Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN