Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering if...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

...anyone has had a D&C and had tissue left after the D&C suction?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe Jenn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I have not but I have heard of it happening.  That's one reason why it is usually sent to pathology to ensure that they got everything but even that's not perfect.  Do you believe that some was left behind?  Usually if there is something left, it leads to an infection so keep an eye out for signs of an infection (fever, chills, extreme pain, bleeding through more than one pad/hour).

PrincessAbby107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Thank you for responding. I had an ultrasound on Friday and the ultrasound tech said that she saw some tissue in my uterus still. They made a mistake and scheduled me to see a different doctor than the one I normally see. It was a BIG deal to me because my doctor is the only female in the offiice and I am not comfortable seeing a male AT ALL. Anyways, I had an appoinment with my doctor to go over the results on Monday morning and she said that I could have clots instead of tissue and it was just hard to tell. She acted like it was nothing. She said that they would just watch my quantum levels and sent me home since I was not bleed that bad. Well, today I woke up with bright red blood and a lot of it. I am so worried now that there is tissue left and that it will cause an infection. I really don't want to have another D&C. I have no one that could watch my girls and Dh is in school every day of the week. I am so lost and I have no idea what I am going to do. Sorry, this kind of turned into a vent too.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

I have not but I have heard of it happening.  That's one reason why it is usually sent to pathology to ensure that they got everything but even that's not perfect.  Do you believe that some was left behind?  Usually if there is something left, it leads to an infection so keep an eye out for signs of an infection (fever, chills, extreme pain, bleeding through more than one pad/hour).

Cafe Jenn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Please don't apologize.  If it's still tissue there is a good chance that your body will expel it on it's own.  Keep your eye on yourself.  If you are bleeding through more than one pad/hour then I would be concerned.  I know others in this group who have had their bleeding pick up after their D&C and it was nothing.  

Please know you can vent away here anytime (((HUGS)))

Rachelle11503
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Dont ever feel sorry for venting here! We are all here for you. Keep an eye on yourself and if you show any signs of infection then make sure to get into your doctor, or a different one if you feel you need a second opinion.

Quoting PrincessAbby107:

Thank you for responding. I had an ultrasound on Friday and the ultrasound tech said that she saw some tissue in my uterus still. They made a mistake and scheduled me to see a different doctor than the one I normally see. It was a BIG deal to me because my doctor is the only female in the offiice and I am not comfortable seeing a male AT ALL. Anyways, I had an appoinment with my doctor to go over the results on Monday morning and she said that I could have clots instead of tissue and it was just hard to tell. She acted like it was nothing. She said that they would just watch my quantum levels and sent me home since I was not bleed that bad. Well, today I woke up with bright red blood and a lot of it. I am so worried now that there is tissue left and that it will cause an infection. I really don't want to have another D&C. I have no one that could watch my girls and Dh is in school every day of the week. I am so lost and I have no idea what I am going to do. Sorry, this kind of turned into a vent too.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

PrincessAbby107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Thank you again. I have been bleeding now for almost 2 weeks. It has almost stopped a couple of time and then it will pick up. I am so mad because I feel like my doctor's office is annoyed by me only wanting to see a female OBGYN. They act like I am the ONLY one EVER to say anything. I have only lived here for 1 year and this is the first time I have ever had to see an OBGYN and my doctor is the only female within like 20 miles. I just don't want to call the doctor again. They act like it is such a hassle to work around my schedule and the fact that I will only see the feamle doctor. Thank you again. I really needed to vent.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Please don't apologize.  If it's still tissue there is a good chance that your body will expel it on it's own.  Keep your eye on yourself.  If you are bleeding through more than one pad/hour then I would be concerned.  I know others in this group who have had their bleeding pick up after their D&C and it was nothing.  

Please know you can vent away here anytime (((HUGS)))

PrincessAbby107
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Thank you! It really does mean a lot. I feel like I am just stuck. This doctor's office treats me like I am just a burden and I really don't have any other choice because I can't drive 30 miles to see a different doctor. I really just want to tell them to stop treating me so badly because obviously this is not something that I want to be going through. I would definately rather still have a baby growing inside me than going through all this.

Quoting Rachelle11503:

Dont ever feel sorry for venting here! We are all here for you. Keep an eye on yourself and if you show any signs of infection then make sure to get into your doctor, or a different one if you feel you need a second opinion.

Quoting PrincessAbby107:

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)