Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I didnt realize it would hurt like this.

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
My name is victoria, I'm 27 years old and a mother to 2 wonderful toddlers ages 4 and 5. In the beginning of the month I found out I was pregnant, I felt in my gut I was pregnant really early on before I could comfirm it officially, my husband wasn't to thrilled at the idea that we where going to have another child but I was very excited. But things quickly turned bad,the same week we comfirmed the pregnancy I lost it... I started spotting at first then it would stop then 2days later I woke up to a lot of blood and very bad lower back pains, I went to the doctor that same day alone and learned I was having a miscarriage, I didn't want to but I couldn't help but cry in front of my doctor who seemed very unsensitive in his apologize to me for my loss. In telling my husband he tried to stay positive in that maybe it was just really early and the bleeding would hopefully stop, he did a lot of research which gave me some hope that the pregnancy would last but I tried not to get excited because you just never know with these things. I went for some test, they did an ultra sound and I was only 4weeks along, my doctor said my uterus looked good how it should look but well just see how it goes.... long story short I had a complete miscarriage that next day, and altho it was still early the loss was very hard, I grew attached to the baby as soon as I knew.... some days this just seems so serreal..but I'm thankful for my family support and now from this group I'm thankful I found.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyJennJenn
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I am glad you are getting support, and I can honestly say talking about the loss helps. There are people that understand.  I wish you healing.        

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  It hurts so bad to lose a baby no matter how far a long we are.  As mothers we become attached as soon as we see that positive pregnancy test.   My sister had 3 losses before my first loss and I NEVER understood what she was going through until it happened to me.  The women here are amazing and we all understand your pain.  We are here for you, HUGS

Nicolle_09
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Its good that you have support from family right now!  I also miscarried at 4 wks three weeks ago.  I hadnt even told DF that we were pregnant yet it was hard and it hurts.  We are here for you to talk to anytime

Rachelle11503
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I'm so glad you joined the group. Everyone here is wonderful. It doesn't really matter how early your loss it, it is still a loss and the pain is very real. My first, the baby stopped developing around 4.5 weeks or so, I went on to 6 weeks before I found out, and it took 2 weeks before I got the d&c. My second baby stopped developing at 5-6 weeks, but it was 5 weeks before the baby was passed naturally.
We are here for you every step of the way. HUGS

kimscorner
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Quoting echupko:

I am so sorry for your loss.  It hurts so bad to lose a baby no matter how far a long we are.  As mothers we become attached as soon as we see that positive pregnancy test.   My sister had 3 losses before my first loss and I NEVER understood what she was going through until it happened to me.  The women here are amazing and we all understand your pain.  We are here for you, HUGS

Absolutely!  Until it happened to me, I had no idea.  A friend that had mc twice told me, after I mc, that you will be a help to someone else who goes through this one day.  I had no idea how right she'd be.

So glad you found this group.  I love the ladies here!  You are among a wonderful group.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
vicky83
by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 4:34 PM
Thank you ladies for your comments and support, yes I am very thankful for my families support, without them this would be even harder to deal with, I wish that I could have that emotional support from my husband as well...in time I guess. But I am here for you ladies as well anytime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Oct. 17, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Vicky, I'm so sorry for your loss and that you had a doc who was not as sensitive as he should have been with you. I'm glad you have the support of your family--and also glad you know you have our support. We are here for you.

hugs

Rachelle11503
by on Oct. 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I know it sucks when your husband doesn't quite "get it". With my first loss mine was great...this 2nd time though I didn't get much support from him at all. So I just leaned on my family and this group and I got through (well still getting through) I know its just different for them, and sometimes they don't understand, or just dont know what to say or do, and sometimes seperating themselves from the situation is how they cope with the pain. Hopefully he comes around soon. I had to have a lot of talks with mine (and one last meltdown infront of him) before he came around. HUGS

Quoting vicky83:

Thank you ladies for your comments and support, yes I am very thankful for my families support, without them this would be even harder to deal with, I wish that I could have that emotional support from my husband as well...in time I guess. But I am here for you ladies as well anytime.

Momma to 2 princesses!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Oct. 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM

*hugs* i'm sorry for your loss but I am glad to see you have a good support system at home.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN