Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Josh and Anna Duggar are expecting after experiencing a miscarriage

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

I didn't know they had a miscarriage until I read this article about their new arrival coming in June 2011.

by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachelle11503
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Wow I didn't even know they were expecting again. Its just so great that people are opening up about miscarriage. Its been such a taboo thing for so long, I think its going to help so many women now that everyone is opening up. Thanks for sharing :)

MommaWolf2010
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I agree its great to get it out there! It should be a topic that we can express not hide!

rebekahmuse
by Rebekah on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I love that they were so open about it! Sorry to hear about their loss but glad they are pregnant again :o)

"I was very sad," Anna says. "Josh was a big encouragement to me. It helped us go through the heartbreak to learn that 30 or 40 percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage. That was comforting in some ways."

Josh says that the experience caused him to be a little apprehensive.

"But we knew that either way, no matter what happens, we are going to celebrate this life and we were happy to share the news with everyone," he says.

Sharing the news of their miscarriage with his parents was also comforting to the couple, he says. "My parents went through a miscarriage right after they had me," he says. "Many people walk through this experience and it is very emotional. We were looking forward to having our baby and losing that baby was really rough."

Mom2Be0804
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I'm so sad for their loss.  I'm really glad that they have been open with the public about their experience and helping to take the shame out of having a m/c.  I hope their current pregnancy goes well!

LoriAnn87
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I'm sorry so for there lost but i'm glad they are opened up and talking to everyone because it helps thought who have had mc not feel alone and also feel that if they can get pregnant so can i.

LoriAnn87
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Mom2Be0804:

I'm so sad for their loss.  I'm really glad that they have been open with the public about their experience and helping to take the shame out of having a m/c.  I hope their current pregnancy goes well!

It sad seeing celebrities talk about lossing there babies and also having hearing josh and anna but it's good know we are not alone.

daiseekim08
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I didn't even know she was pregnant.  But good for them for talking about it and I'm glad that she is pregnant again. :)

desperatelyTTC
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM

This.

Quoting daiseekim08:

I didn't even know she was pregnant.  But good for them for talking about it and I'm glad that she is pregnant again. :)

bbmkfo03
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Quoting Rachelle11503:

Wow I didn't even know they were expecting again. Its just so great that people are opening up about miscarriage. Its been such a taboo thing for so long, I think its going to help so many women now that everyone is opening up. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm glad they were so open about it. For some people talking about a miscarriage is part of their grieving process, I know it is for me!

bbmkfo03
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Nov. 12, 2010 at 6:36 AM

I agree.  And congrats to them

Quoting MommaWolf2010:

I agree its great to get it out there! It should be a topic that we can express not hide!

Mommy to three beautilful children and another on the way! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09),  Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10) and due June 20, 2011 .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)