Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird question

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok...so I m/c in July, we've been trying since September, and I had no problem getting pregnant before the m/c but I don't think I'm ovulating....before the m/c (which was natural m/c).  I have anxiety issues, so my overactive imagination is thinking the worst, but is it possible for it to take a few months to ovluate again? My periods are regular like clockwork and no heavier or uncomfortable than before...

I'm planning on calling my dr. about it after Christmas, but maybe I should do it before, I'm just so afraid of something being wrong with me, they did find a ovarian cyst during an ultrasound, but didn't seem too concerned about it (that was when I was pregnant)....

what should I do?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
silka08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I've heard you can ovulate as early as 2 weeks after m/c or as late as 3-6 months and that is considered "normal". Did they follow your HCG levels down to 0 to be sure everything was back to normla? If it was you should be ovulating. Now is it that you aren't getting pregnant that makes you think you arent' ovulating or are you looking for fertility signs? If you are ovulating it can take a healthy couple 6-12 months to conceive even if the woman is ovulating regularly and BDing everyother night or every nigth around ovulation.

I got pregnant with my first on the pill, my second we had sex once in 3 weeks, and my m/c we had sex 3 times, every other day, near ovulation. I could always tell when I ovulated and the two times we had sex near ovulation I immediately got pregnant. While I hope thats the case following my M/C my body seems very off and I'd quite honestly be shocked if it took me less than a few months to get pregnant.

If you are ovulating you coudl request they test your hormones to be sure it wasn't progesterone or something that caused m/c. I've also read some woman having TTC difficulties basically until 9 months following conception of the m/c. It just took their bodies a long time to realize they should be ovulating again.

If you're concerned chances are getting an OB appt can take awhile. Call now and you can schedule for after the holidays. My practice only sees pregos in the end of Dec b/c they're hours are cut around the holidays so it may be a good idea to make an appt now. Just tell them you want an appt about TTC.

echupko
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I started using opk's after we lost our daughter in May (even though we werent ttc right away I just wanted to watch my cycle)  and I did not get a positive for a couple of months so I say yes it is possible.

Good luck, Hugs!

Cafe Jenn
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM

It does vary from person to person.  I'd try using some OPKs so you'll have an idea if/when you decide to call the doctor.  

rebekahmuse
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I miscarried in August and I didn't ovulate for a few months. I think I'm finlly ovulating again. My doctor wouldn't do any tests or anything like that though until I was trying to get pregnant for at least 6 months.

mkbugs
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM

see, my overactive imagination is going to worst case scenario like having cancer or something...which I know is not likely.  maybe I should call just to talk to the nurse or something...and then see...I don't know...I haven't had any of my normal ovulation signs...usually I could tell when I was ovulating...but now I don't seem to notice it at all...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)