Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with the baby items you have after a miscarriage?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

With my first miscarriage, I had found out shortly after Thanksgiving that I was pregnant.  For Christmas that year, I got a few items for the baby.  I found out January 3 that I had a missed miscarriage. 

I made my husband hide the baby items because I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with them during my grieving process.  

I still have the big baby bottle bank that I received and it sits on a dresser in my room where we put spare change.  It's a reminder for me of the baby that we lost.

The other stuff we saved and used for our sons when they were born.  

What do you do with those items you receive prior to your miscarriage after you've miscarried?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberKristine
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

The day we found out I had a missed miscarriage my fiance took everything baby related and all my books and US pics and every little thing with a baby on it and put it in the room...it was hard for me to see and even he came out of the room with tears in his eyes. I've just recently went in there and actually smiled because I know we can have another baby and we will have such joy in our lives. otherwise we keep the baby's room shut and I try to avoid going in there...

Txmommy13
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I had just posted about this in the other m/c group.I bought a few "maternity" clothes with my first m/c.They werent maternity rather just flowy/stretchy items i figured i could use during and after the pregnancy.Well they sat in my closet for 3 yrs untouched as i couldnt bring myself to where them.And i just put them for sale on my online store.As for the baby items i bought for Gabby,i donated all but one onsie.Im glad now i didnt give them all away because as hard as it is i still like to have it as a reminder of her,since i dont have any u/s pics or anything like that.

desperatelyTTC
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I didn't have much to save from my 1st m/c but what i did have i put in a gift bag and stored it in my closet. I also had a few cards sent to me after the m/c so i put them in the bag also.
For my 2nd angel i had a "little brother" bib and onesie that i also put in a gift bag. My mom asked me why i wasn't saving it for my next baby and i just told her that it was meant for that baby.
I also made a scrapbook for my + hpt's and for pregnancy photos and just little keepsakes.

echupko
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM
I knew we we're having a girl lady time and I ordered some newborn pink cloth diapers about a week before we lost her. They came in the mail a couple of days after I got out of the hospital. I just recently opened the box for the first time :(. The box is now put up in the top of the closet in the room that would of been hers. All of our other baby stuff was the boys so it's not hard to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Last time, I can't type on my iPhone!

Quoting echupko:

I knew we we're having a girl lady time and I ordered some newborn pink cloth diapers about a week before we lost her. They came in the mail a couple of days after I got out of the hospital. I just recently opened the box for the first time :(. The box is now put up in the top of the closet in the room that would of been hers. All of our other baby stuff was the boys so it's not hard to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catiedid
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I  actually hadn't been given anything for the baby and we were waiting to find out the sex before we started buying things so we didn't really have any stuff to deal with. But after the ultrasound where we found out there was no heartbeat I felt so horrible that we hadn't bought him anything so I went out and bought a white onsie from walmart  (white cuz we didn't find out he was a boy til I delivered him). I still have it stuffed into my pillowase so I sleep with it every night. Its the only thing I have. : (

Cearley_est_02
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I didnt buy any, I was going that week but If I had I probably would have made a shawdow box. in one of the steps of my grieving process ( ANGER) I threw everything away.. picture of me, hpt, and us picture.. I regret it EVERYDAY

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Honestly, I had a bad feeling very early on with our little one and I refused to buy anything that wasn't absolutely necessary... Which means I basically only got one maternity shirt and fudged my way through the pants issue. The only thing I had that was really baby related was my baby book and that got boxed up with everything else in the day after m/c move and I haven't seen it since. i wish I knew what box it was in in storage so I could look at it now, now that I'm ready.

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. You must beat yourself up over that. I can't imagine how heavy that is on your heart. I lost my only pic of the BFP and it saddens me a lot.

Quoting Cearley_est_02:

I didnt buy any, I was going that week but If I had I probably would have made a shawdow box. in one of the steps of my grieving process ( ANGER) I threw everything away.. picture of me, hpt, and us picture.. I regret it EVERYDAY

Cearley_est_02
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. You must beat yourself up over that. I can't imagine how heavy that is on your heart. I lost my only pic of the BFP and it saddens me a lot.

Quoting Cearley_est_02:

I did a lot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)