Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you give your baby a name?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM
  • 35 Replies

I've been seeing a Christian counselor since we had the miscarriage.  She suggested that we give the baby a name and it may help with the grieving process.  It was a very early miscarriage for us, so we have no idea whether the baby was a girl or boy.  I'm just curious did you name your baby?  If it was an early miscarriage, did you just choose a name that could be for either a boy or a girl or did you just choose the sex of the baby and name him/her.  I'm thinking this may help me to name our little one.  Thanks everyone!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Txmommy13
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Dh actually came to me and said he just knew our little one was a girl,so i chose a few different names i liked and asked him to help pick something,and we decided on Gabriella Grace.I dont know for sure if it was a girl or not,but its helped a lot to give an identity to our little one.

newmom2be08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Beautiful name! 

Quoting Txmommy13:

Dh actually came to me and said he just knew our little one was a girl,so i chose a few different names i liked and asked him to help pick something,and we decided on Gabriella Grace.I dont know for sure if it was a girl or not,but its helped a lot to give an identity to our little one.

Wildflower1976
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM

We had identical twins (same placenta), but never found out what gender. In our hearts, we always believed we had girls (80% of identical twins are girls). We already had names picked out for both girls and boys....but was completely set on girls. My husband had already both Thing 1 and Thing 2 neclaces with the girl names on them. Most of the time we refer to them as the twins...makes it a little easier. But we had already decided on Isabella and Gabriella. I have dreams all the time about them, but its never indicated what they were. I am told because maybe we already know. I had a dream the other night that I gave birth to twins in the future...a boy and girl...so maybe twins again will be a future pregnancy. I think you should name your child. Even though they never get to be a part of the living, they are still our children and a part of ours lives.

karla85
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I had an early misscarriage too, but since I found out I was pregnant I felt I was having a boy, I never found out what I was having but I decided to call him Caleb. It does help with the grieving process, at least for you and your husband, since is not a misscarriage or blighted ovum or thing, when you name it you feel like your husband/family undestand how you feel...you lost a Baby, you weren't just "late". Hope you feel better Momma. Let us know if you chose a name for your Baby Angel. 

AmberKristine
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM

we honestly couldn't bring ourselves to name the baby. we had a 2nd trimester loss...I had a missed miscarriage at 17 and a half weeks baby only grew to 14 weeks. they weren't able to do testing to find out what happened or to find out the sex so we just call our baby Our Angel Baby. We think it would of been harder knowing the sex and naming the baby....we always thought it was a girl and did a home test that said girl but we won't know. everybody is different and go with how you and your husband feel. but again we couldn't it was just too hard....

desperatelyTTC
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Naming your angel is great for the grieving process. I lost my 1st baby at 11 weeks so the gender was not confirmed.... but i call him a boy b/c i just really felt in my heart that he was a boy. While waking up from my d&c i had strong feelings that his name should be Levi. I am not sure why b/c Levi was never a name i considered but i just really felt in my heart that his name should be Levi.
My 2nd angel, i also call a boy b/c i had a feeling i should name him after my grandpa that died last year...his name is Elliott.
So name your baby whatever you felt the gender was. Big hugs to you sweetie:)

LCLOVE
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM

we did pick out a name for this baby it was Emily, i felt it in my heart it was a girl but now when i hear the name makes me sad so i would just say our baby angel but is up to you if u want to name ur baby.

mrsmizcell
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM

I knew from the beginning mine was a boy. I didn't know for sure b/c i didn't do gender testing, but my heart said boy. I miscarried at 16 weeks. I named him Declan William.

JenJen8789
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:54 PM

when i lost my twins i knew they were boy and girl. We named them Isabella and Issac. And for my baby boy months later, we named him Jeremaiah.... Im fine throughout the day but the grief really hits me at night... :(

newmom2be08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM

It's worse for me at night too and I think that fact that it gets dark so early, doesn't help.  Love those names...Isabella, Isaac (my cousin has a child named Isaac) and Jeremiah. 

Quoting JenJen8789:

when i lost my twins i knew they were boy and girl. We named them Isabella and Issac. And for my baby boy months later, we named him Jeremaiah.... Im fine throughout the day but the grief really hits me at night... :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)