Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Know I shouldn't be worried.....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

Im really trying to keep a good head here. Beginning with Saturday Dec 4th I started using opk's and as of today Thursday Dec 9th they all have been negative!! I just don't understand....I don't know if something is wrong with me or if I ovulated early and missed it or if I haven't ovulated yet and I ovulate late. My dnc was sept 20th and I had 2 regular periods since then that were on time....I started testing on day 11 like the thing said....and today is day 16 so where is my O!!! But I have also been having clear mucas once in awhile lately too...so im wondering if I am ovulating but it's not strong enough to pick up or if I'm about to ovulate in the next few days...which would be late. I know stress and other factors screw up our cycles but it's the first time TTC since the miscarriage and I just can't help but think what if that was our only chance...and we lost our only baby. I know that's not true but we all worry about the worst....and I'm bad at that!! So I need some reassurance right now and any info on how you ovulated and if this has happened to anyone before would calm me down!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wildflower1976
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I have always believe that if you stress to much about it, that it can decrease your chances. With both of my children, I tried so hard with no luck. Once I stopped trying, I became pregnant both times.

Lovemygirls614
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I have never used the opk's but have read that can be somewhat inacurate depending on what time of day your taking them or something.  I honeslty wouldnt even bother with them.  You know your body the best & would have a better idea of when your o is around. 

tts
by Tara on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I know for my first couple of months after my m/c.. I was "o"ing later than typical.  I didn't get my positive until around Day 17/18.  Good Luck ~ I hope it still shows up :) I've conceived MANY times using OPK's.. so I do have faith in them!

~Tara

desperatelyTTC
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Cycles and ovulation can be weird after m/c. Good luck.

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM

The best thing I could say is... start taking your basal temps 1st thing in the morning. Its possible you are having an anovulatory cycle and thats fine, its totally normal, as much as we wish it never happened especially when we are ttc. If your morning temps are consistently in the same place then you may have missed yoru o or are just going ot be quite late this month, if they are all over the place however then that is likely a good indication you didn't ovulate this month. Thats not a sign that you missed your chance, just that next month you can keep your fingers crossed you'll be extra fertile. Good luck sweeite. I had several anovulatory months after my m/c but we still got pregnant rather easily.

rebekahmuse
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I usually don't "O" until after the mucasy thing. It's good to BD before you actually ovulate b/c sperm lasts longer in your body than the egg. So go at it and you will probably get a positive in the next couple of days.

Take some deep breaths... woosaaa.

AmberKristine
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I was having some cramping last night before we decided to have sex and some mucus so maybe we hit er!! I guess right now I'm more concerned about my body figuring out what it's going to do and if it is completely back to normal. I just want to make sure I actually am ovulating and that I do know how to track it. It would be a great christmas present though ....I was thinking that if AF don't show up by then im going to pee on the stick and if it comes out positive im going to wrap it up in a box for my fiance!!! lol...great way of saying were pregnant!!

echupko
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Are you using them in the middle of the day and at the same time everyday? Using them too early in the am or pm can cause you not to detect the LH surge. Good luck!
echupko
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Quoting GoldenLinds:

The best thing I could say is... start taking your basal temps 1st thing in the morning. Its possible you are having an anovulatory cycle and thats fine, its totally normal, as much as we wish it never happened especially when we are ttc. If your morning temps are consistently in the same place then you may have missed yoru o or are just going ot be quite late this month, if they are all over the place however then that is likely a good indication you didn't ovulate this month. Thats not a sign that you missed your chance, just that next month you can keep your fingers crossed you'll be extra fertile. Good luck sweeite. I had several anovulatory months after my m/c but we still got pregnant rather easily.

Same for me I had a few anovulatory cycles but then conceived easier than I have in the past

Mommy to three beautilful children and another on the way! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09),  Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10) and due June 20, 2011 .

AmberKristine
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I have been using them around the same time frame I wanted to test at a few different times just to see if I could get a difference...Like a few days at 12 and 1 then between 2-3 and stuff...so I dunno...I have also been trying to chart my temp on a chart since the end of last month and sometimes I will wake up and do it right away and others I would forget and wait like 10 min to chart it and I don't know if that makes a difference or not...im trying to get the hang of charting it. im just going to keep testing and writting down little signs im noticing different with my body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)