Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

period?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am new to the group today and i had a miscarriage on october 27th (my first mc) at 8 weeks and i have not yet had a period? that makes 6 weeks and 1 day ago....My question is when did you get your period?

I want to ttc again but have no basis of where to start without a period. i called the doctor and they are not worried until 8 weeks

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom2be08
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I'm so glad you joined the group, Meagan!  These ladies are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  I can't help you with your question, but I'm sure someone else can.  Welcome and make yourself at home here! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Wildflower1976
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I am in the same boat...I think.  I miscarried and had my D&C on Oct. 28. Two weeks ago I had old blood and tissue for a couple of days and have spotted off and on since. Not sure if that was a period or if just left over from surgery. I don't know when to start tracking. Have you had any spotting?

Leena23
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Glad to know I'm not alone. I had a d&e on nov 8. Had some brown spotting this past Monday but nothing since. I hate not knowing when it's going to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToAyla743
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM

It seemed to take me forever to start, and when I did it was irregular. I think it took me three months to start my period. I swore I was still pregnant for the longest. I just still felt pregnant. KWIM? I miscarried at 6wks.

MomToAyla743
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I didn't have a d&c or d&e, just let it pass naturally.

tts
by Tara on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM

For me, after my d&c it was exactly 4 weeks.  With my natural m/c is was closer to 5 weeks. But I know from listening to others' situations, it can vary widely.     I am so sorry for your loss.  Have you tried to take a pregnancy test?  I know for me, part of the process is also watching your hcg levels.  Your cycle won't return to normal until your hcg is 5 or under.  Maybe you should ask for a blood test to check on this. 

~Tara

desperatelyTTC
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Welcome to the group. I am so sorry for your loss but i am glad you found us. I got my period 3 days after my d&c...i got my period 4 weeks after my natural m/c.
Do you think you could be pregnant again??

oneofeachflavor
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:55 AM
I'm wondering this too. I had my d and c the day before thanksgiving. I didn't bleed until the monday after. I had intense cramping for exactally a week and I stopped bleeding yesterday. I thought it was possibly my period. But they said these is something (clot, pare of the pregnancy or other) that is still inside. My levels were 157 yesterday so I guess of your period doesn't cone back until it's below 3 ( thats what my doc said) then it was just vleedig from the miscarriage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:16 AM

it took me 9 weeks to stop bleeding after i had my miscarriage . and like 2 months after that to get my periods back

echupko
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 6:55 AM
It took 4 weeks with both my losses. I know average is 4-6 weeks but sometimes longer. I hope it comes soon, I'm sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)