Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My doctor lied!!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
I am outraged! I picked up copies of my medical records, so I could see what the doctor would day in her notes about my proceedure gone wrong and she LIED! She is claiming she told me all the risks and benigiys of a d&c - she didn't. She is also saying I gave consent - I didn't.

Urgh! So frustrated. This is turning into he said she said. When my doctor flat out lied! She also said that there were no complications after my proceedure - I passed out from blood loss! She also didn't cop to having to perform the second D&C to stop the bleeding. Now what?!

So lost!:(
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2_boys_1_girl
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Switch doctors and ask questions and just let it go, I know it sucks but no doctor is going to admit a mistake and no nurse who wants to keep her job is going to tell on the doctor, just let it go and try to move on as hard as that may be. GL and sorry for what you are going through!

2_boys_1_girl
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Oh and HUGS! 

des.
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I disagree that you should let it go. 

I have had serious issues with doctors in the past, but nothing as bad as this.  When I got a little older, I requested a meeting with the doctor and administrator of his office.  In your case, I would request one with an administrator of the hospital.  I wrote everything down because it was an emotional situation and I did not want to forget anything.  And when they saw that they were in the wrong and I had all of my paperwork organized and my stuff together, they apologized and remedied the situation.

The key was having someone other than the doctor there with me. 

I am not sure how realistic this situation would be for you, but even if your doctor won't admit wrong, you have been subject to clear malpractice and even if a lawsuit is not on your mind (it was never on mine), closure and apology should be...and being made to be accountable for their actions may prevent the doctor from doing the same things.

You also need to find a new doctor.  Is there anyone you know in the medical field you can go to for advice on the matter?

I'm sorry you are going through all of this :(

Hel5030
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM
I agree with des! I would never just let something this serious go! I would seek legal advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Quoting Hel5030:I agree with des! I would never just let something this serious go! I would seek legal advice.

I talked with a medical negligence laywer today and unless I can prove she physically caused harm (like caused fertility issues), I don't have a case. When it comes to medical law, a patients testimony doesn't count. I would have to hire a team of doctors, to speak on my behalf, and research the facts of what happened. What a great justice system we have huh?! That's why I freaked when I found out she lied.
AmberKristine
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I also agree with the other two girls I wouldn't let it go...I would def fight it! That's bs that means that it's either happened before with another patient of hers or it will happen again and that's bs!! I would definetly see what you can do and switch drs...hugs!

Hel5030
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Could you possible report her to someone or some kind of organization at least? So that others are aware of the way she treated you? Like the better business bureau (I don't know if they have one for drs or not)

Quoting wife2jeff:

Quoting Hel5030:I agree with des! I would never just let something this serious go! I would seek legal advice.

I talked with a medical negligence laywer today and unless I can prove she physically caused harm (like caused fertility issues), I don't have a case. When it comes to medical law, a patients testimony doesn't count. I would have to hire a team of doctors, to speak on my behalf, and research the facts of what happened. What a great justice system we have huh?! That's why I freaked when I found out she lied.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife2jeff
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:34 PM
I found a new doctor, for now, in the next city over. I'm just hesitant to see any doctor, because I have bad experiences with them:/
mommy31210
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:34 PM

switch docs and see if a nurse that you rember may help you out also i would contact a lawyer to c when they say bout it

hrj75165
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:21 PM

i wouldnt personally try to go through with the malpractice but i would file a complaint with the state liscensing agency so they can investgate it. this shouldnt happen to any other women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)