Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On Pregnancy #2, worried because I lost my 1st baby.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to find someone who has went through what I have. In June of 2008 I was 19.5 weeks pregnant, and went into labor with my daughter, Amarah. Because it was so early, she did pass away. The doctors are unsure of why I went into labor. They are thinking either a partial molar pregnancy, or I had an infection and it got to my uterus, but they are still unsure, even almost 3 years later.

I am almost 8 weeks pregnant now, and I am so afraid the same thing will happen. The doctors want to start me on progesterone shots at 16 weeks, and possibly stitch my cervix if it starts thinning. So far this baby is doing good. Heart rate is 164, measures 8mm. My cervix is looking good so far. Even though everything is good now, I still can't help but be so afraid. If anyone has experienced any of this, even anything regarding progesterone shots or the cervix stitch and could offer some advice, that would be great!! Thanks!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Sorry hun I don't have any advice because my m/c was very early but I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

echupko
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Im so sorry for your loss, we lost our daughter at 16w and never found out why.  It has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through, I still cry for my baby girl.  My heart aches for her.

I am now pregnant again and it was very scary getting to that point again.  AND I still worry even though I am now over 21w.  Just try to relax and enjoy every second you have with this new life growing in your belly.

HUGS and Prayers.  Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk.

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I haven't been through a similar situation, but I still want to offer my support. I know it is scarey being pregnant after a loss...we are all here for you!!!

desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.
Congrats on your new pregnancy!! It is normal to be worried but try your hardest to take a deep breath and enjoy your pregnancy. Send lots of positive vibes to your baby. (((HUGS)))

rebekahmuse
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a 1st trimester miscarriage so I can't realate with a 2nd trimester loss. I could only imagine how traumatizing that would be! Congratulations on your new pregnancy! I think typically, once you get passed the stage you were at when you lost the baby, you will start to feel a little more comfortable with things. Just try to relax (I know it's hard!) and enjoy this new life that you are carrying. ((HUGS))

Iluvmyshortcake
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM
My friend did the progostone supositories (sp) with her last to pregnacy and carried both of them to term both healthy boys. So sorry for your loss but congrats on the new preg!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Giving you a bump. I know other members have had similar experiences.

I'll keep you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers.

ajfoster88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Thank you all so much :) My doctor is being very proactive, and even wants ultrasounds every 3 weeks, so I think that will ease me some what also. I have a fetal doppler too, but I won't be able to hear the baby until 12 weeks. I have an appointment on the 17th, so hopefully the doc can hear it with his doppler :) Thanks for all the prayers and support :)

xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I'm so glad your doc is staying on top of things. It helpes tremendously--and is so reassuring--when a doc is attentive and proactive. Stay strong--and I'll keep praying for you!

Quoting ajfoster88:

Thank you all so much :) My doctor is being very proactive, and even wants ultrasounds every 3 weeks, so I think that will ease me some what also. I have a fetal doppler too, but I won't be able to hear the baby until 12 weeks. I have an appointment on the 17th, so hopefully the doc can hear it with his doppler :) Thanks for all the prayers and support :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)