Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I wait to test (piog)?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I lost my baby girl at 19 weeks in Sept., followed by another m/c at 5.5 weeks in Nov. After taking a break since the 2nd m/c, we tried again this month. My angel babies DD is on Mon. & I would also be finding out the sex of the 2nd baby that day. AF is also due on Mon. I was having alot of pregnancy symptoms last week, but not really any this week, so I don't think I'm pregnant. I know Monday is going to be a really hard day, but if I got a BFP it would make it easier. On the other hand, if I'm not pregnant, getting a BFN would probably really depress me. I'm not sure if I should test that day because getting a positive would be really exciting, but would also make my DH & I really nervous because neither one of us want to lose another baby. Should I test that day, or just try to make myself wait to avoid the possible disappointment? I really want to wait, but I have a serious POAS addiction. I guess I just need to vent because I've been dreading this day for 5 months but any advise would be great.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Wow, that is alot to handle. Maybe you should test the day before or the day after. Best of luck to you sweetie. (((HUGS)))

LCLOVE
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I would wait and keep distracted with some thing fun to do. good luck! i have faith in you ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tts
by Tara on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Dates are so hard... Would you like to wait with me??  I'm due for AF on the (17th).. Do you think you could hold out until Tues/Wed. - then we don't have to go through it alone?!  I'm feeling somewhat the same way.. as I would LOVE to get a Valentine's BFP - but then again, what if its negative.. then I'll be super sad and let down :( :( So I think I will wait... Whatever you decide, know I'm thinking about you ~ 

hugging~Tara

rebekahmuse
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

It sounds like you have a lot going on that day. If I were you, I would test beforehand. First of all I've always been addicited to POAS. Second though, if you got a BFN it would probably be easier to handle if it wasn't on that day. Let us know what you get. ((HUGS))

Keeley22
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Quoting tts:

Dates are so hard... Would you like to wait with me??  I'm due for AF on the (17th).. Do you think you could hold out until Tues/Wed. - then we don't have to go through it alone?!  I'm feeling somewhat the same way.. as I would LOVE to get a Valentine's BFP - but then again, what if its negative.. then I'll be super sad and let down :( :( So I think I will wait... Whatever you decide, know I'm thinking about you ~ 

hugging~Tara

Thanks so mch. That really means alot. I will try my hardest to wait with you. I kinda figure if AF doesn't show early, I might have a chance. I will def. try to wait with you. Thank you all for you're replies. I really love this group. All of you girls are amazing. I never wanted to join a group for this reason, but I'm really glad I did.

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM

That is a tough one, and I understand because I'm a POAS addict too! If you can't wait with Tara, then I would say maybe test the day before or the day after, and really try to concentrate on enjoying the day with DH.

echupko
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM
This is what I was going to say

Quoting Rachelle11503:

That is a tough one, and I understand because I'm a POAS addict too! If you can't wait with Tara, then I would say maybe test the day before or the day after, and really try to concentrate on enjoying the day with DH.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I think this is a sweet idea. :-)

Quoting tts:

hugging~Tara

xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I would test on a different day--and I would probably choose the day after (Tuesday), just because testing later would give you a better shot of a darker BFP, if you're pregnant.

My reasoning is this: I would want a fresh start for the baby I may possibly be carrying. I would want to make my day of remembrance all about my other babies, but make the possible day of rejoicing all about this baby. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)