Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
Little info about me I'm 29 I have worked at a daycare for almost 12yrs. Right now I'm a co lead teacher in the toddler room but I had been lead small infant teacher for over 3 yrs when I had got preg in july 2010 I moved out of the room to get a change before bring a new infant in my room well in oct 21 I lost our daughter to ds and a heart condition. My boss has asked me to take back over the small infant room cause she likes how I do it back there I'm really excited to cause I love babies but I'm also nervous due to the fact that my baby should be back there and she won't cause she in heaven. What would you do. My parents at daycare have been asking if I was planning on going back there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM

That is a tough decision but should only be made by you. Just follow your heart. If you think you can handle it then go for it! If you think it will be too painful then don't do it. Good luck, I hope you figure things out. (((HUGS)))

motherof3in2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Girl i know how you feel except my child was 2 months shy of his 8th birthday. I am also an infant teacher at a daycare and i couldn't go back for a month. When i did, i had times where i just cried but to be honest with you, those babies were taking care of me in a way. I agree with the other mom. Only you can make that decision. Think about it and if you decide to go back to infant room and you just can't take it, ask to be moved for awhile til you can handle it. ,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM

This

Quoting desperatelyTTC:

That is a tough decision but should only be made by you. Just follow your heart. If you think you can handle it then go for it! If you think it will be too painful then don't do it. Good luck, I hope you figure things out. (((HUGS)))

xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

What I would do may not be what's right for you. :-)

For me, being around infants wasn't terribly painful after my miscarriage. I would have pangs, of course, but I could also separate my own loss from them. In fact, in quick time, I found being with the little ones comforting--and also a good reminder of what I aspired to have in my own life.

You need to decide whether the change will be a comfort or if it will be a painful reminder. Also, another option would be to ask for more time to heal before you make that decision. You're good at your job; I can't see your boss denying you the extra time. :-) Take care.

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I agree with what sarah and Nikki have said. The choice is really up to you and what you can handle. You may be surprised and comforted or it may be really hard. Is there a way they could let you sneak over there for little bits of time and see how it goes before you make a commitment?

Iluvmyshortcake
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM
I go back often at least on lunch I think I will be fine but the one thing that's been hard sound dumb but we have a baby that was born the same day as Gracelynn and I will talk to her and stuff but I have never healed her I dunno y I know I need to if I'm going in there but I will need to when she there next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)