Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Took my 3rd dose this morning. Starting today I take it 3 times a day until Monday. All I have been doing is badly cramping, having bubble feeling in my uterus and lots of clear discharge. But no blood? Does this mean it's not working? For ladies that have taken it, how long did it take to kick in and start bleeding?

Lilypie - (cEMZ)

Lilypie - (X8JS)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommymary6507
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

BUMP!

mommymary6507
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!

jellybeanbrew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
It never worked for me and I ended up with a d&c. I took it over two days and had some minor cramping but nothing happened after that. So sorry :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I have no advice, Im sorry :(

lucky3inNYC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

keep us posted and message me at any time for more info (or just for a little extra support)

desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

same

Quoting echupko:

I have no advice, Im sorry :(

swtbtrcup
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM

My experience with Cytotec was horrible.  Within 5 hours of having the pills inserted I began contracting and it was awful.  I will never ever recommend it to anyone.  If you are taking it orally that may be why its not working yet.   My body refused to miscarry after the baby died so they recommended the cytotec.   I ended up in the ER.  

lucky3inNYC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Omg... everyone's experience with cytotec is awful.  I can't believe doctors are still recommending it.  Does it work for ANYONE?  It didn't for me

Quoting swtbtrcup:

My experience with Cytotec was horrible.  Within 5 hours of having the pills inserted I began contracting and it was awful.  I will never ever recommend it to anyone.  If you are taking it orally that may be why its not working yet.   My body refused to miscarry after the baby died so they recommended the cytotec.   I ended up in the ER.  

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I haven't had it :( I took a pill called methergine and it caused contractions for 3 days then nothing, then 3 days later I passed. I'm really hoping it will work for you so you don't have to a d&c...big hugs and you are in my thoughts!!

wife2jeff
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM
They only had me take two pills after my D&C. It was supposed to help contract my uterus, because I lost so much blood. It never induced bleeding for me, just cramping. I'm sorry Hun, I wish I could help more!

(((HUGS)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)