Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am so scared right now! *update 2/11*

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
  • 95 Replies

*update* 2/11/11

today i went back in. the blood thinners seem to be working! the blood clot measured smaller and caels heart rate has gone up to 145!!!!

theres still a small bit of worry because i can still develop other blood clots but they feel that everything is looking good finally. i have to continue to go in every day for the next two weeks for u/s and check ups but they are trying to see if they can get me to 36 weeks and then induce. ill be 32 weeks tomorrow.

i want to thank you ladies. its been really hard keeping this to myself. my mil and my mother know as  does my husband. other than that, i didnt tell anyone because i didnt want to deal with the worry and constant phone calls or texts. but it was reassuring to be able to come here for a kind word and encouragement.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyFam
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM

have they been doing non-stress tests?  ultrasounds?  sounds like your doc is at risk for a negligence lawsuit  "prepare to lose your baby?!?!??!?!?!?!."  If they feel the baby is in danger they need to take the baby out now.  If not, I hope they're doing testing to prove so.

desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Omg Kylynn! I am freaking out with you!! I wish i was there with you in person. I don't know what to say other than i am praying extremely hard for you right now. Big hugs, sweetie. IM me if you need to talk one on one.

motherof3in2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are going out to you for a perfect healthy baby boy! May God be with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I'm so very sorry, hon. I am teary eyed after reading all you shared.

You have every right to be upset. This is NOT okay. Everything will NOT be just fine, if you lose your baby. Yes, you can try again--but you will never replace the babies you lost. You know that, we know that. AAnyone who doesn't know that has their head up their butts!

Do you have family or friends near you who could help with your child so you can get more bedrest? Do the docs advise anything else that may help? Is it still too early for them to give you the shots, if you do go into early labor, to help lung development along? (Sorry, I'm so exhausted I can't remember the timeline for those things.)

I know you're stressed, and you have every right to be. But, when you can, try to send loving thoughts to Cael. Send him your strength. He needs his mama's love and care now.

We're here for you. And you're in my thoughts and prayers.

lovingmom2jack
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

i have a high risk pregnancy as it is and i see my doctor once a week. i have non stress tests every monday, wensday and friday. my factor v has been getting worse and if i get a small cut, i develop a huge blood clot even with the use of blood thinners. they think cael has factor v too and im waiting on test results to see if thats why.

meagan517
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

how dare people tell you you can try again!!! thats just rude!!! i am so sorry you are dealing with this and i will be praying you deliver and bring him home safely!! goodluck =(

LoriAnn87
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM

hugging

calebmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

((hugs)) I have not been there but it sounds so hard for you :( do you have a doppler at home? There are places you can rent them.

tts
by Tara on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I am so sorry .... wayyy to much for any mom to have to go through.   Why won't they just take him now to avoid him being stillborn?  Early is better than not alive... I just don't understand.

I understand the risks with Factor 5... 4 out of the 6 in my family also have it.  My husband tested positive last spring, & 3 of our 4 children have it :(  I fear for my girls when they get to child-bearing age. 

I am praying for you and your sweet baby Cael.    Take Care and try to stay off your feet as much as you can.  If I lived near you. .. I would be there in a minute to give you a hand. 

Thinking about you ~ Tara

Meindrea
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
I agree with this. If that was my doctor I would cussing him out. He should be trying to help prevent a stillbirth if something can be done to help, not say 'you're at risk so mentally prepare. God that makes me want to go to your doctor, smack him upside the head and ask him wtf is wrong with him. Ditto the people telling you oh just relax it'll be fine and if it happens you can try again. It's not the same. You're losing a child not some inatimate object that can be replaced.

In high school my one teacher was in her 30s and 1 boy and twins (boy and girl) then got her tubes tied. So the doctor was asking her is she was sure if she wanted to do it because out if something happened to one of her little ones...you cannot replace a child! Sometimes I seriously wonder wtf is wrong with people...

I am so sorry you are going through this and have such a jackass for a doctor. I will keep you in my prayers and will pray every thing will turn out just fine for you momma! *BIG HUGS*

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

have they been doing non-stress tests?  ultrasounds?  sounds like your doc is at risk for a negligence lawsuit  "prepare to lose your baby?!?!??!?!?!?!."  If they feel the baby is in danger they need to take the baby out now.  If not, I hope they're doing testing to prove so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)