Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today was supposed to be my first full OB visit and ultra sound... :(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

I would have been 10.5 weeks today. Today was supposed to be my fist OB visit (the appointment I had at 5 weeks was confirmation and level checks).

I would have been given an ultra sound to see my little one growing and his/her heart beat beating away. I would have been given prenatal vitamins to choose from (I was taking an OTC until my appointment) and talked to the midwife about what type of birth I was expecting.

I would have talked to the midwife about cravings and nutrition, discussed expected weight gain, and other things pertaining to baby.

I know some of this sounds stupid but the first OB appointment is fun and exciting. :) I feel robbed. My baby was taken from me before we even got to our first full OB appointment. :(

I should be on an ultra sound table right now...not sitting on my parents couch (we're visiting this week) watching Judge Joe Brown....

Sigh....I feel so blah today.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM

None of your post sounds stupid. After my miscarriage, I was also sad when I reached the day of my initial appointment. I'd deleted it from my planner--but the head and heart still remember and mark the day.

You're right: that first appointment is so much fun. In general, to me, every OB appointment is it's own little celebration and I get a bit of happiness and excitement from each. So it makes sense to feel "blah" or sad when we are robbed of them--and robbed of our babies.

I'm sorry it's a bad day.

hugging

miasmommy21407
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Thanks...I'm just trying to wrap my head around what today would have meant and trying not to cry because I'm at my family's house and don't want them to think I'm a nut case.

xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM

If they know about your loss, then perhaps you could simply explain that it's a hard day for you because you've been thinking about the baby? And there's nothing wrong with a crying spell in the privacy of a bathroom.

Special dates and anniversaries are hard. It's been three years since my miscarriage and, while I tend not to feel the deep pain or sadness, I do pause on certain dates and have moments of remembering that move me.

Quoting miasmommy21407:

Thanks...I'm just trying to wrap my head around what today would have meant and trying not to cry because I'm at my family's house and don't want them to think I'm a nut case.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM

*hugs* i'm sorry hun and it doesn't sound stupid at all. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

jellybeanbrew
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I think that would only sound stupid to a stupid person.  You're just a sad mama missing her baby.  I am sorry that today is not what you hoped or expected.  HUGS

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Hugs. It is hard when you reach those milestones. It doesn't sound stupid, and its good of you to recognize your feelings and work through them. We are all here for you. BIG hugs!!

desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Aw sweetie, i am so sorry. OB appointments are fun so i totally understand why you are sad. I had an OB appt set but then was changed to post m/c appt. It really sucked!!! Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

Wildflower1976
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM
I'm sorry for you feeling down today.
miasmommy21407
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Thanks Ladies!

echupko
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Doesnt sound stupid at all.  Im sorry, hugs and prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)