Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reallt Nervous (pg mentioned)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so I found out Monday that I am pregnant again. And after my miscarriage in July I am now freaking out I am so scared that I will lose this baby too. With there being no reason they could give me for my miscarriage I am concerned  it will happen again. I am trying not to stress about it too much but it seems to be all I can think about. How do you get over this fear and be able to enjoy your new blessing. My first Dr appointment is Feb 22 I am hoping to find some comfort after seeing the dr. Please keep us in your prayers that all goes good with this baby.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xoNIKKIox
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I totally understand your fear. I was very anxious when I got pregnant after my miscarriage. I even had a few moments of nervousness with this pregnancy--three years after my miscarriage. It's natural and understandable.

What helped me was focusing on being a mommy. That meant being strong and feeling protective of my baby. In such a mode, I wanted to surround my baby with love and celebrate my baby. I wanted to enjoy every moment with my baby. So I visualized my baby. Talked to my baby. Imagined us after birth and fruther down the road (at different stages). Really visualizing gets your head and heart and emotions into a good place. And, too, the more you do it, the more natural it feels to be in that space/place.

Again, I have had moments of being scared. I am nearly 34 weeks along and have had pangs along the way. But, every time, I put myself into mommy mode and focus on my baby versus my worries. That helps. :-)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Celebrate, celebrate! And may you have the most happy and healthy pregnancy journey.

Rachelle11503
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Congrats!! I know it is scarey...it really sucks that after a miscarriage we will always be more worried with subsequent pregnancies. The only advice I have is to send happy postive loving vibes to the baby and take care of yourself. We are all here for you! Put your hand on that belly and send some love :)

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy! I just found out last week that i'm pregnant again to so I can understand where your coming from.  But you just gotta do your best to stay positive and have faith that everything is gonna be okay *hugs*

runmamarun123
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!! For me, I found that working to accept my lack of control helped me embrace it. When I could be at peace with the fact that whatever was going to happen was going to happen, it made the anxiety decrease (some). It's still there, it will be there to some extent no matter what, I think. But enjoying the fact that you are pregnant and, as Nikki said, thinking about that strong, healthy baby with cells dividing that's going to be born later this year and you'll be holding in your arms before you know!! It's nice that your doctor will see you so soon (even though I'm sure it feels like an eternity right now!).
QueenBean
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Praying for you!!!!

hugs

QueenBean
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

OH, and congrats on ur miracle!!

congratulations

des.
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Congratulations!

I think it helps to think about the situation logically...because then you can help "talk yourself" out of any anxiety you may feel at times.  At least, that's how I deal with things.

Loving your baby is not going to lessen any pain you might feel upon losing it.  The same goes for a child that has been born.  The truth is, anyone can lose a pregnancy or child at any gestational age/ age and there's nothing we can do about it.  That's part of life, and why it is so important to be happy when we can :)

echupko
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:59 AM

It is normal to have fear after a loss.  Just try to enjoy every second you have with this new life growing in your belly.  HUGS and prayers and CONGRATS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)