Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conception after depo provera

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

After trying to figure out what is wrong with me and after years of trying to concieve I think I found my problem. Depo provera, I was on the shot for a year after my son was born after that point hubby and I tried for 2 years to concieve. According to my research it can take anywhere from a month to 2 years plus to return your body back to normal.

Anyone else having issues concieving after depo  provera?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shanin22
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I've had issues in the past trying to conceive after that horrible stuff. I was on it for almost 2 years... and it took almost another 2 years off of it to start ovulating again. Luckily my GYN suggested I try an herb called Chasteberry (Vitex) and after a little over a month I started to ovulate and became pregnant with DD. I used a tincture form from a local herb shop (little stronger then the pills online) and it seemed to do the trick. You could try something like that... or I've also heard of women using a different form of BC for a few months to get their body on cycle again, and then getting off the BC to conceive. I would talk to your doctor and see what they suggest... and try charting or OPKs to see if you're even ovulating (I was having a "normal" cycle for months and didn't know that I wasn't ovulating). Good luck!

desperatelyTTC
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I have no experience with it.

bump

rachb7
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:06 AM

It took me a year and I had no idea that it was why I was having trouble conceiving until I found out I was micarrying and my doctor told me that depo was probably why it took so long to conceive.

happymommy42008
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I took it for a year, about 18 months later we began to TTC..... 4 years later and the help of fertility drugs we finally conceived. They never found anything wrong with either one of us... Good Luck Mama!!

echupko
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Never had it but good luck

angelluvgoddess
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I was on depo 5 years took me 3 yrs to get pregnant and carry to term had 2 mc prior to having my 1st the 2nd time I was on it was only 9 mos took me another 2 yrs to get pregnant again got stupid went back on it for 6 mos went back off of it took me another 2 yrs to get pregnant and I lost that baby went back on it for 3 mos took me another yr an half to get pregnant that stuff is freakin evil.now I dont have to worry bout that evil stuff let alone ever being pregnant again after having DS Jan 2010 I had an emergency hysterectomy...but learn for me dont ever go back on the depo its not worth it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)