Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarriage CAN be made more traumatic (VENT maybe TMI)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM
  • 20 Replies

and the staff at the ER here are good at it. I had to go in last night because yesterday morning I had my miscarriage, but last night I had a sudden constant pain in my right side that wasn't even dulled a little by the percocet. It freaked me out because I got through the actual m/c with just tylenol so I started worrying that maybe I had a kidney infection or something had gone wrong during the m/c.

FOUR different people treated me like I am an out-and-out moron when I told them I had a miscarriage. THEY ASKED ME AGAIN AND AGAIN HOW I KNEW I HAD ONE...... I shouldn't have had to relive it for 4 people. And I definitely shouldn't have been treated like I couldn't possibly KNOW that I had one. Then I was told that I should consider never getting pregnant again. MULTIPLE TIMES. OMG. I was even told by one nurse that I should not have kids because I have fibromyalgia.

THEN.... they had me confused with another patient. One with congenital heart disease. Even my dr was going right along with it and brought in a paper asking when I had last seen the cardiologist. I was like WTF? My own dr was an asshole. He told me I needed a d & c. I asked why - my bleeding was already tapering off. His response - "Because there's a dead baby in there and it needs to come out." He hadn't looked at my u/s or anything yet. Pissed me off so i told HIM.... I HAD A MISCARRIAGE. EVERYTHING IS OUT. I DON'T WANT A D & C! Then he looked at the u/s and had to admit I was right. ALMOST everything was out... and he told me - either a d & c or the meds to finish it off.... omg NO D&C!!!!! So I have a prescription that I don't need because the rest passed this morning.

After all of this... on the way out - while I was doped up with Stadol.... that damn nurse lectured me one last time about how I should consider NEVER getting pregnant again.

AND I AM STILL IN PAIN!!!! UGH sorry so long but I needed to get this out before I start snapping on people!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachelle11503
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I am so so sorry that you wre treated that way!! I just cant imagine....HUGE hugs!!

echupko
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

wow, I am so so sorry. HUGS and prayers to you

Lisa0608
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I am so sorry... hugs

rebekahmuse
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Wow, how traumatic. I'm sorry you had to go through that. ((HUGS))

LoriAnn87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM

hugs

KCallum1629
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

that's SUPER crazy!!! sorry you had to go through that.  You need to make the decisions for YOUR life that are right for YOU.  Please don't listen to everyone else! <3

sah11
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Wow, I am very sorry.  That sounds like a terrible experience you had there.  I may consider switching Drs for your next pregnancy.  I will say,  I think it may be a liability thing that each person has to ask that.  I remember when I had my D & C everyone that came in the room from the admittng nurse, to anesthesiologist, to the scrub nurse, etc all asked me what happened, why was I there?  I remember wanting to choke each of them bc they should know.  One finally told me they have to ask all of the questions over and over so there are no "mistakes"  However, it sounds like in your case there were a lot of mistakes made anyway.  I hope you start to feel better both emotionally and physically. 

kittymeri
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM

time to call the chief of staff at that hospital and have a talk...

grcom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Oh wow! I'm so sorry for your loss and having to put up with insensitive people!

Shanin22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I can't believe they put you through that, I'm so sorry. And what gives them the right to make judgments on your reproductive choices? I'm only familiar with the basics of your condition... but why would that affect your ability to have children? Either way, completely inappropriate on their part... especially while you were going through a m/c.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)