Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just feel horrible!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

i had a hair appt yesterday, my hair dresser is the mother of my DH's friend(tyler) when i was getting my hair cut i asked her how everything was going.

a bit of a history..... tyler had been driving his harley when a truck pulled out in front of him. he couldn't react in time and slammed into the side. a friend of mine in a flight medic and she told me that they flew him from the scene to erie, then after he was semi stable they flew him to pittsburgh trauma center. he was in a com for 4-5 months and then he was starting to recover well enough to be sent home.

sooo anyway i was talking to my hair dresser and she said that he can't walk and they don't know if he will ever be able to, plus the guy that pulled out in front of him didn't carry insurence!! she also told me that he had severe trauma, he had broken his leg in 5 places, as well as his arm in 5 places. he's already had plastic surgery to try to fix his face and then the stupid nurse washed his face right after the surgery instead of waiting 24 hours like your supposed to. then after she washed his face she let him fall out of bed onto the floor on his face. :( . he has also had surgery to replace the muscle in his leg on his calf. then he had surgery to fix the biggest fracture in his leg and while he was in surgery for that he had a stroke. now mind you he is only 25 years old!! so the dr's won't do any more surgeries on him until he gets his heart condition under control. he still needs several extensive surgeries on his face arm and leg, he needs a total nerve replacement/ repair to his arm. plus he needs dental reconstruction. he gets home therapy for free from the state and his mom was told that because he gets in home therapy he's not aloud to go outside!! if he's caught outside then he cant get in home therapy for free anymore. :'-( so after i left my hair dressers i got into my car and i started to drive down the road towards home. i was doing ok until i started to think about tyler, i just feel awful!! i had been so consumed in my own problems i hadn't even thought about what he and his family were going through. my DH grew up with tyler and his brother, the tree of them used to go fishing all the time!! very close friends!!

so now like i said i feel like my problems were so tiny in comparison to what type of things they are having to go through!! i just ask that those of you who pray will you please pray for tyler and his family! thank you.

Jessica & Matthew, Together since 2/9/03, Married since 6/30/06, Angel baby # 1 9/4/08, Son Brady born 11/6/09, Angel baby # 2 11/17/10, Angel baby # 3 3/2/11.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BlueSunny
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thoughts and prayers... for you all.

dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

~hugs~

silka08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Thats terribly sad :-( Things like that really do make you grateful. However, don't beat yourself up for feeling sad about you're own circumstances. It isn't wrong to sometimes be sad.

LoriAnn87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

hugs

desperatelyTTC
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Agree

Quoting silka08:

Thats terribly sad :-( Things like that really do make you grateful. However, don't beat yourself up for feeling sad about you're own circumstances. It isn't wrong to sometimes be sad.

desperatelyTTC
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:52 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)