Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatever you do, please do it. UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

One of my best friends just suffered a horrible loss. His significant other of 6 years just passed away. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and was receiving chemotherapy treatment...

A simple bladder infection spread throughout her body and put her in cardiac arrest. She went to the hospital around 11am this morning because he couldn't get her warm enough. She was in convulsions because she said she was freezing so bad. All of her vitals were off the charts, everything was whacky... He stayed with her as long as he could but he had to leave about 1pm to run an important errand... He was going to come right back and sit at her side, as he has their entire relationship...

He got a call at 2:40pm that she had passed away.

I'm in utter shock. I never, ever, expected things to happen like this--and so fast! She was taken so fast...

Please, please, if anyone could spare a moment or two--pray, send energy, good vibes, do whatever you do for my friend. His name is Joshua. He could use a lot of well wishes for the tranquility to deal with this nightmare and solace in such a lonely situation. He can't stop crying, he says he misses her already, and that he's completely lost...

My friend is "okay" right now. He's very upset and lost but at the same time "calm" and numb. I know all of us here can relate to that... We talked for a long time. I've walked him through a lot of the stages of grieving and I've ensured that he knows it's okay to cry, that he doesn't have to be strong, and that it's alright to shatter. He says he's not going to give up or give in, he's just so very sad. He's very thankful for every prayer that's been said, and he's very appreciative of all the support.

~
Never hold back that which is burning to be expressed, lest it burn into a rampant wildfire.
~

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Update: He's at the stage of guilt and blame. "I should have married her, we should have had kids, she wanted kids... I was never ready. I don't know if she was truly happy, there are so many unknowns."

I'm telling him he's done nothing wrong, that he loved her with every fiber of his being, that she knows how much he loved her... It's one thing to be going through a loss of any kind yourself, but to comfort someone else is a whole different arena.

dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM

He has calmed down a bit. Said he was going to go try and take a nap. He's been running on empty for weeks and he's so exhausted... I'm just so glad I have been able to be there for him.

lovebeingmrs
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM

im sorry 

lucky3inNYC
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I'm so so so sorry for your friend's loss.  What a horrible story.  He's very lucky to have you in his life to give him comfort and love during this incredibly difficult time

desperatelyTTC
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Oh wow, how horrible!! Praying...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Thank you. This is such a shock... None of us were prepared for this. It was so quick...

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I'm so sorry for his loss and he is in my thoughts.

dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Thanks, everyone.

tattooedmom08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I am praying for him hun.

dream-catcher
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone again for all the support. ^-^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)