Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much longer

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

So a couple of weeks ago, I went in at 8 weeks, numbers great, but ultrasound showed just an empty sack.  I was already bleeding and told I'd just miscarry on my own.  Well, I had only been spotting for the last couple of weeks.  Then, Friday eve I finally started bleeding.  Late Fri. into early Saturday for about 4 hours from 1-4 I was passing HUGE clots.  I continued bleeding and cramping on and off all weekend, but nothing nearly as heavy as before.  I still have MAJOR nausea as if I've got morning sickness and some mild cramping.  Anyone have an idea how much longer this could go on for?  The bleeding has slowed a ton, back more to spotting, although still enough that it's not only when I wipe.  The Dr. didn't say anything about doing a check to watch my levels or see when I was done, but I think I want to call them and check on it anyways.  I'd just like some guidance on when you all thing I should call.  Thanks for your input.  This is the first time I've miscarried on my own, but I had a D&C after a missed miscarriage that led to bleeding for a month prior and six weeks after.  I am pretty sure the surgery failed some how and I ended up miscarrying on my own, but I'm not sure how that could be since they supposedly tested the fetal tissue and all.  Anyways, sorry to be so long and in depth, but I really need some opinions.  Thanks again!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Bump... I'm sorry you're going through this. ~hugs~

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM

It's really hard to say because everyone womans body is different.  I would definantly make an appointment with your doctor though and have them check your levels and go from there.

silka08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I was only shy of 6 weeks and my hcg was down to 134 and I still had mild nausea for a good week or two following my loss. The higher your numbers were often the longer it takes to come down as well as seeing your symptoms dissapear. I wasn't told I needed a redraw but I called and had one once I stopped bleeding to be sure my number were back to negative. I would suggest calling once bleeding has slowed or is stopped and request a redraw for your own comfort to be sure everything has passed.

))HUGS)) So very sorry for your loss!!

desperatelyTTC
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:48 AM

This

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

It's really hard to say because everyone womans body is different.  I would definantly make an appointment with your doctor though and have them check your levels and go from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)