Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is leaving....(OT)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM
  • 31 Replies
This Sunday April 3 my DH is leaving across the country for 10 weeks! It's for a very good reason and it's for the benefit of our financial future, but 10 weeks without him is so unimagineable. I'm such a wreck, emotionally, already and it breaks my heart at the thought of how DS will handle this. He LOVES his daddy so much. They have there own routine during the week and on weekends and I'm afraid DS just isn't going to completely understand why daddy isn't here. It may seem a little dramatic and I know many of you ladies have been apart from your hubby's for much longer (which can I just say makes you the most amazingly strong women in the world) but I've never had to be apart from him for longer than a weekend and he wasn't across the dang country. Sorry for rambling ladies, I'm just so sad....:-( thanks to whoever read this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dream-catcher
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:37 PM

That's going to be rough. ~hugs~ Hope those 10 weeks go by quickly and without incident!

sah11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I am sorry.  I can't imagine what you are going through.  I have a hard time sleeping away from DH for a night.  I have to sleep on the couch with the TV or in bed with a light.  It's a comfort thing.  I don't know how my kids would handle it either.  I hope your DS is young enough to not really grasp the concept of time.  To him it may only seem like a few weeks rather than a couple of months.  I hope you at least get to see DH some weekends in between.  Good luck.  You will make it through!  We're here if you need a BUMP

angeldescending
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Longest Ive been apart from my hubby was a week and that was hard. Good luck making it through I am sure you and your son will have lots of fun.
MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I was a military wife and we were both military in different branches so I know ANY time away from your s/o is tough... I dont know if you both have a computer and access to Skype but it really helps and if not phone calls do wonders!! :)  Maybe keeping a calendar that your LO can mark off as when daddy will come home can help him adjust to the time... make it fun... Hang in there and he will be home before you know it!! 

((HUGS)) 

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM

A few years ago we went through a period of about three months where DH was working 130 miles away. During that time he only came home on the weekends. It was really hard having him away during the weekdays, I can't imagine if he had been gone the entire time. I hope it goes by fast for you!

jellybeanbrew
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Get Skype. Then your son can see your DH and he could be apart of bedtime. We skype when my husband is away, and with my parents. My son loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tattooedmom08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM

My hubbys Air Force I know any time apart is hard. But their are things you can do to make it easier on your little guy. My hubby records stories for our son and they skype or talk on the phone before bed. He also makes sure to sleep with our sons favorite stuffed animal so it smells like him. I will ask my husband what else we do because that is all I can remember right now. Just know you can do this!

MomB79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Thank you for the hugs.

Quoting dream-catcher:

That's going to be rough. ~hugs~ Hope those 10 weeks go by quickly and without incident!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomB79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:57 PM
I'm the same.... I can't sleep at all unless DH is right next to me. DS is 3 and a half so he is aware of time and days. We really want to try to go see DH at least once, but the average flight is $500 a person and we just can't afford that. I just have to stay busy. Luckily I work FT and DS goes to daycare so that will help.

Quoting sah11:

I am sorry.  I can't imagine what you are going through.  I have a hard time sleeping away from DH for a night.  I have to sleep on the couch with the TV or in bed with a light.  It's a comfort thing.  I don't know how my kids would handle it either.  I hope your DS is young enough to not really grasp the concept of time.  To him it may only seem like a few weeks rather than a couple of months.  I hope you at least get to see DH some weekends in between.  Good luck.  You will make it through!  We're here if you need a BUMP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomB79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Thank you very much.

Quoting angeldescending:

Longest Ive been apart from my hubby was a week and that was hard. Good luck making it through I am sure you and your son will have lots of fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)