Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After D&C Question's...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey guys!

I can't for the life of me remember when my cervix closed again after my last D&C.  So, I wanted to put a few questions out there and find out your epxeriences:

1.  When did your cervix finally close again after D&C proceedure?

2.  When did you stop bleeding? (I am on CD6 and a pretty much done.  Is this normal?)

3.  After how many days did you get a negative pregnancy test? (Last time it was 10 for me, but not sure if it will be the same this time?)

4.  How long did it take for your first AF to return? (Last time it was 35 days for me, but again, not sure if it will be the same this time?)

Thanks in advanced for your help answering these questions!

Joy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rachelle11503
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM

1.  When did your cervix finally close again after D&C proceedure? I'm not sure, but I know when I went in for my check up a week after he said everything looked "good" so I'm guessing it was closed by then

2.  When did you stop bleeding? It was about 5 days for me

3.  After how many days did you get a negative pregnancy test? I'm not really sure, I couldn't stand the sight of pregnancy tests afterwards, the did one follow up bloodwork to make sure the levels were lowering 

4.  How long did it take for your first AF to return? It was 4 weeks to the day after my D&C

sah11
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM

When did your cervix finally close again after D&C proceedure?  Not totally sure, but I was given the OK for sex after 2 wks so I am guessing then.

2.  When did you stop bleeding?

I didn't  bleed at all for the first 10 days, then spotted for 3 wks, so 4 weeks from D & C to end of bleeding.

3.  After how many days did you get a negative pregnancy test?

10 weeks (no joke...that was the worst)

4.  How long did it take for your first AF to return? 43 days

Good luck hun!  Feel better soon.

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Thanks guys! BUMP for more input.
Buxom.Bride
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 12:32 AM

1. I was closed when I went back for my 2 week checkup.

2. I bled for 4 months and had to go on BC to stop it.  They say 2-6 weeks is normal. You're just fine.

3. I didn't bother with that.

4. I basically answered that in #2.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

desperatelyTTC
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 2:26 AM
1. I am not sure when I closed.
2. First d&c I only bled for a day. 2nd d&c I bled heavily for 2 1/2
3.I never took tests.
4. First one I got my period 3 days after D&c. Second one, it has been 3 weeks and still haven't got AF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
desperatelyTTC
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 2:27 AM
I meant bled heavily for 2 1/2 weeks.

Quoting desperatelyTTC:

1. I am not sure when I closed.

2. First d&c I only bled for a day. 2nd d&c I bled heavily for 2 1/2

3.I never took tests.

4. First one I got my period 3 days after D&c. Second one, it has been 3 weeks and still haven't got AF.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
travaildoula
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 2:40 AM

1.  When did your cervix finally close again after D&C proceedure? I honestly don't know! lol..

2.  When did you stop bleeding? Mine was immediately gone after the procedure. But about 2 days afterwards, I spotted for 3 days, then I had some brownish discharge for about a week. So everything lasted about two weeks! Which they said was normal! :) 

3.  After how many days did you get a negative pregnancy test? 6 days :( 

4.  How long did it take for your first AF to return? it was exactly 28 days from the procedure, I was very shocked! 

Hope this helps! :)

Certified Doula and Breastfeeding Counslor

Have a question? Feel free to ask! Need advice? Send me a message! I'm here to help with anything you need!

JESS-10
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 4:40 AM

I had bled for 8-9 days after my D&C then spotted for 1-2 then AF showed up 3 weeks later. I never took a PG test just beacuse i was so sad. at my 6 week checkup they said i looked fine.  Good luck honey!

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 12, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Thanks guys. This does help. I have a swim class this term and trying to figure out when I can get back in the pool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)