Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you ladies pray for me and the baby? I could really, really use them now. (pg. mentioned)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM
  • 17 Replies

We got our genetic testing results back today.  They came back abnormal for neural tube defects.  The doctors office called and I let it go to voicemail not thinking it was them.  I checked the voicemail and they asked me to call back and I knew immediately what it was.  I called back, and when she told me I was just in disbelief.  After almost 5 years of TTC, I had Abby, and she was born with birth defects.  Another year of TTC and we had a miscarriage.  And now this.  Im devastated.  I've done nothing but cry since they called this morning.  I know there is a chance it's wrong, but I dont exactly have really good batting averages when it comes to normal, healthy pregnancies and babies.  I've spent 17 weeks praying for a healthy baby.  I've bled, and hurt and worried and since my appointment last week I've FINALLY, finally felt at peace.  I've felt the baby move, and I've actually felt some attachment.  And now, there is a chance that this baby could have a birth defect incompatible with life, or born with major birth defects.  I've been counting down the days until I find out the gender (13 more days!) and now I am counting down the days until I can get into the perinatologist's office to find out exactly what is or isn't going on.  We could definitely use some prayers if you've got some. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karla85
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Praying everything is ok. Please let us know what the Dr says, hopefully is only good news. God Bless you Momma :)

JESS-10
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Praying hard for you and your precious little one!!!! Stay strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrbaby
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I will be praying that everything is ok.  I'm so sorry you're going throught this.  *BIG HUGS* 

lucky3inNYC
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:50 PM

You poor thing!!  You've been through so much.  I hope that everything turns out ok in the end.  You'll be in my thoughts!

Need support?  Join me in the Pregnancy After Loss group!

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Oh Hun! I'm praying! Hang in there. Hugs and more hugs!!!
Angelbabies2011
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM

praying for u!

sah11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hun, I am so sorry.  I know this must be causing you such stress.  I won't tell you not to worry, bc I am sure you will, but we are here whenever you need to talk and I will definitely add you and your baby to my prayers.  Good luck and God Bless!  Kee us posted.

Wildflower1976
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM

I am so sorry. Those test can be wrong, so please stay positive. 

Iluvmyshortcake
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Will be praying for you and the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
desperatelyTTC
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Oh sweetie, I am praying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)