Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter... the reminder

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:07 AM
  • 1 Replies

So its Easter. If you could see the half-glum look on my face you would know probably just how I'm feeling. Like its not a good reminder but that i'm trying my best not to get bogged down thinking about it over much. Last year i began my miscarriage on Easter. i know the dates are different, I've already passed the day I lost her but its that holiday thing. I remember going ot hte inlaws for dinner (something I was NOT happy about to begin with) and not wanting to eat at all. I remember sitting on teh couch afterwards thinking, why do I suddenly feel like I couldn't get up if i wanted to? I was so exhausted all of a sudden. I then noticed I had started spotting. By the time we were driving home I was calling my midwife and asking when I should begin to be concerned since i had already had some spotting weeks prior in this pregnancy as a result of the antibiotics I was taking. She reassured me and I felt better and then not 20 seconds after hanging up everthing changed. I felt that sudden shift and made ym husband pull over at a fast food place so i could use the bathroom. thats when it really started, still not heavy bleeding but that bright red flag that this was not going to be ok. Because it was Easter I refused to go to the ER adn decided to wait it out until morning and call an OB. I made it until 3 am before I was losing so much blood I had to go to the ER. Sigh. Its still all so fresh in my memory. I guess that kinda is one of the things that surprises me, not that I remember the m/c, that makes sense, but all the preliminaries. Somethng as simple as the feeling that i was full of lead and couldn't move, that overwhelming lethargy when there was seemingly nothing else wrong. I remember that and I wonder if that memory will ever fade. Well, i've said my peace, i know it will all be in the back of my mind all weekend but I know i'll endure. thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
echupko
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Im sorry.  Hugs and prayers to you this holiday weekend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)