Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its gonna be a rough one

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
Tomorrow my SIL comes in from Florida I'm so excited to see her but I'm also jealous. She's 16 weeks PG and this will be her first child.
A little history : SIL and I were PG together both times I MC she MC in Oct then a couple weeks later I MC in November, then I found out in Feb I was PG and she did too! She told me she was PG the day before I MC. She also had a chemical PG in January.
Ok so anyways, her PG is still going well and I'm super excited but I'm also jealous. I know I shouldn't be because I have a child and she and DH don't yet. Plus we are going to a baby shower on Sunday for a close family friend she's due a week after I would be if I hadn't had a MC in November. :'-( then Monday SIL, her mom, her sister, and I are going shopping in Erie to get some maturity clothes for SIL. Plus to top things off my due date is only a week away!!! Uhh!!!! Oh yeah and did I mention I'm sick too!
I think I'm in need of advice, anyone that can give me some words of wisdom plz help. I don't wanna cry in front of everyone but I know I will!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
echupko
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Oh man I am so sorry :(  Stay strong, and cry if you need too, sounds like she has been through a lot too so I bet she understands

Hugs and prayers

desperatelyTTC
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Aw sweetie, I am so sorry. I agree with elizabeth, I am sure she understands. (((Hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrbaby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I'm so sorry.  This is so hard.  My only advice is that if you do need to cry then let yourself cry.  You can always step into the bathroom for a few minutes.  I can tell you what helps me get through those types of things is to breath in slowly and exhale slowly until I calm down.  I know that sounds silly but it does help.  I think it's because it helps me concentrate solely on breathing those deep breaths instead of what is going on at the time.  I wish you the best of luck.  BIG HUGS!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on May. 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM

((hugs)) i'm sorry

JESS-10
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM
The thing about me crying is my face turns dark red all over so people know when I've been crying. Unfortunately my face stays all red for quite a while after I cry! Its something every female in my family has. I hate it cause I can never hide my tears! So if I were to go into the bathroom or outside to cry it would take a while for my face to look normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zayah5
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Oh wow, sounds tough. I hope for the best. Lots of positive good feelings your way. And like someone else mentioned, sounds like your sil has faced a lot as well, and hopefully she will be a compassionate and understanding person, and will understand that you are crying for what both of you have lost, and that you're still excited and happy for her.

Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)