Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trich and m/c

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

I went to the hospital two nights ago because I have been having a lot of yellow and green discharge and pain after the bleeding from my m/c stopped. I thought for sure (since i didn't have a d&c) that something had not come out and I've been so scared and depressed just wanting the physical part of this to be over. Well everything is fine from the m/c but I was diagnosed with a nasty yeast infection and Trich! I keep reading that Trich is only spread through sex and I've only been with my hubby for the last five years. Does anyone else have any experience with this after a miscarriage? My hubby says he has not been with anyone else so how else could this happen? I don't want to jump to conclusions if it could have happened some other way.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Sorry hun I don't really no anything about it.

Traci1979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM
I'm not sure. Here's hoping that it can be cured. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM

" In many cases, men may hold the parasite for some years without any signs (dormant). "

I found this refrence while looking around. Another source suggested that in these situations stress may trigger activation of symptoms. Its likely that thats all that happened here and that you reacted so strongly because of the added complications of suffereing from a miscarriage. I'm sorry you are going though so much at once. hugs!

desperatelyTTC
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:06 AM

I don't really know. Sorry this is happening to you though. (((HUGS)))

ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:43 AM
Yes,my sister got it from her very loyal bf of 4 yrs.Hers didn't pop up until after a m/c either.She just knew he'd cheated but we all knew he hadn't.He never left the house!GL&I'm so very sorry about ur loss <3
Devious103102
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Im sorry sweetie. I'd talk to the doc about it and find out. Good luck!

mushyshi
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM

well the only bright side is it is an easily curable std. Both he and I are on antibiotics and it should clear right up. I have been doing a lot of research on this and it seems there is a link between the m/c and trich but nothing that can be 'statistically' proven. I had just figured that if he had gotten it before me it would have shown up a lot sooner. Fact of the matter is that I trust him and he is a horrible liar. I'm just getting a lot of questions from family that know of the situation.

GoldenLinds
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I seemed to come up with a lot of instances where trich followed miscarriage too. I'm glad you trust him and that you aren't letting this affect your relationship. Its so important to have that trust and you will need it now. Good Luck and Hugs!

Quoting mushyshi:

well the only bright side is it is an easily curable std. Both he and I are on antibiotics and it should clear right up. I have been doing a lot of research on this and it seems there is a link between the m/c and trich but nothing that can be 'statistically' proven. I had just figured that if he had gotten it before me it would have shown up a lot sooner. Fact of the matter is that I trust him and he is a horrible liar. I'm just getting a lot of questions from family that know of the situation.

dawna35
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM

honey i hate to b the bringer of bad news but, you need to protect yourself. if you know that you havent been with anyone but him and you know that you never had trich b4 since youve been with him then hes lieing to you. my mom and dad were together for 18 yrs and my mom poped up with trich, the doc told her it was only transmitted sexualy. and when i got pregnant with my last child i had it, hes now my ex by the way. im so sorry but theres no other way to contract it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)